Preschool Director/ Center Director
--Brooklyn, New York (United States)
I. Company Overview
Founded in 1997 under the name of Rainbow Academy, the company was formed on a foundation of strong family values by Guy & Julia Falzarano. While running their first child care center, they experienced first-hand the stresses that working parents faced while trying to balance work and life. In an effort to more fully support them, additional programs and services were developed to meet the needs of parents while also educating and caring for children.
In 2014, the company was renamed as Lightbridge Academy to ensure that our unique company had an equally unique name that would never be confused by any other child care in the marketplace. There's so much that sets Lightbridge Academy apart from other child care and early education providers. For starters, we know that the quality of the relationships that we form and the service that we provide will ultimately transform the lives of those we touch. That is why we take care to treat each family member as our own...and that is just the beginning.
II. Company Culture
Caring is at the core of what makes every Lightbridge Academy child care center so special. We specialize on caring
for the needs of the entire Lightbridge Academy family through our unique “Circle of Care”. As part of this circle, parents, children, staff and owners are all equally important. The Lightbridge Academy core values define the culture and serve as guiding principles for all to follow.
Care Deeply… with every genuine interaction.
Happiness. Creating happy memories in a joyful environment.
Integrity. Being honest and respectful in all relationships.
Lead by Example. Set the example for all others to follow.
Deliver… consistent “WOW” customer service.
Recognize & Celebrate. Build meaningful relationships while recognizing accomplishments.
Excellence. Never settling for “good enough” by continuously improving and embracing change.
Nurture… each family member in a supportive and positive environment.
III. Job Mission
Inspire, Motivate, Lead by Example - The pulse of every Lightbridge Academy stems from the leadership that is demonstrated by each member of the center administration team. The Center Director is the key position which serves to inspire, motivate and lead all staff members by their demonstrating the standard of excellence through their example. The ideal candidate will possess strong business acumen and management abilities. They will have a heart for the needs of parents, an understanding of the importance for the care and education of children and the desire to nurture and support staff and all Lightbridge Academy relationships.
IV. Job Responsibilities
- Exemplify the Lightbridge Academy Circle of Care philosophy and live our Core Values
- Set and achieve center enrollment goals
- Collaborate with Center Owner to establish center budgets and manage to these set budgets
- Create and develop strong parent and staff relationships that result in a high rate of retention and referrals
- Manage all HR functions necessary including mentoring and coaching of staff including staff meetings and training
- Fully understand and ensure proper implementation of the Lightbridge Academy curriculum by age group through the proper implementation of the Lightbridge Academy curriculum
- Build community relationships and generate enrollment through participation in local organizations, events and marketing
- Maintain confidentiality in dealing with all company information including: policies, procedures, student, parent and staff records and conversations
- Oversee payroll processing function for employees
- Oversee all EFT, invoicing and reporting for families
- Must adhere to all state and local educational and licensing requirements, policies and procedures
- Adhere to all Lightbridge Academy Franchise Company policies and procedures
- Complete a minimum of 20 hours of ongoing professional development
- Completion of CPR and First Aid certification
V. An ideal candidate for this role should possess:
- Possess the necessary state educational requirements - minimum of Bachelor's Degree preferably in Education
- Three years in a management position of a childcare or preschool
- Prior experience working with infants, toddlers and preschool age children
- Strong time management, leadership and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Procare & Quickbooks a plus
Role: Preschool Director/ Center Director
Apply for this job now.