Grand Living is growing; come play an integral role in opening one of our new communities!
Grand Opening planned for August 2021.
As a Life Enrichment Director, you will be responsible for enhancing the overall Resident experience through the provision of exceptional oversight and implementation of the Facets program (Activities), providing the residents opportunities for participation in all Facets of community life. This multi-generational approach to daily life for our residents encompasses a rich variety of activities, life enrichment and holistic wellness. This is to be handled in The Sterling Touch friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner, resulting in a very high level of Resident satisfaction. This position is under the general guidance of the Executive Director, in accordance with Community's standards, processes, procedures, practices and philosophy.
- Participate in Start Sterling every shift.
- Greet the Residents, guests, fellow employees and vendors in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Oversee, participate in and support the complete Facets program, including recruitment and incorporation of staff and volunteers to ensure dynamic, creative and exciting opportunities for the residents.
- Promote ongoing participation through excellent communications of assorted offerings including but not limited to creation and distribution of monthly calendars, and personal ongoing interactions with residents.
- Organize and coordinate ongoing outings in the community at large.
- Oversee the Life Enrichment opportunities within Luminations memory care program.
- Work closely with sales and marketing, health and wellness, heart of house, and dining services to ensure activities and events are well attended and provide exceptional experiences for the residents and their guests.
- Prepare personalized notes and periodic reports for health services staff to document wellbeing plans for each resident.
- Recruit and train groups of volunteers for assistance in various Facets programs.
- Annual budget preparation for departmental needs and ongoing tracking of expenses to budget including ordering and approval of invoices related to the life enrichment department.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of various art, music, theatre, spiritual, fitness, educational, etc. offering within the greater community to supplement/enhance/ensure Facets programs remain fresh.
- Employees are required to work a flexible schedule which includes, rotating weekend and holiday shifts.
- High school diploma or G.E.D., required.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred.
- Certified Activities Director, preferred.
- One or more year's of previous experience as Activities Director, required.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language in order to communicate with residents and other employees.
- Our (Facets Directors) come from a variety of backgrounds including theater, art, music, fitness, education, event planning and recreation.
- The ideal candidate must be willing and able to plan and execute a well-rounded, refined program which meets the needs and expectations of our educated, talented, sophisticated residents.
*Please be prepared to share your ideas on how to build a wellness centered program for our residents.*