Company: BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF THE COASTAL PLAIN
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
JOB SUMMARY:Plans, organizes, promotes, & implements a diversified program BGCCP's core program areas.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepare youth for success
- Creates an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Promotes and stimulates daily learning center program participation as well as participation in designated national and special event programs.
- Orients new members to program area, special events, and opportunities as well as club safety, program and disciplinary rules.
- Provides guidance and role modeling to members.
- Implements, monitors and evaluates programs, services and activities for members.
- Develops and posts weekly and monthly program plans.
- Monitors and evaluates programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members and quality in programs.
- Recognizes club members for program participation and achievement.
- Maintains records to track attendance and participation.
- Maintain CACFP point of service and clean up (if applicable).
- Maintains order and discipline of club members.
- Supervises and trains volunteers and program assistants.
- Ensures a productive work environment by participating in club leader meetings.
- Monitors supply needs.
- Keeps supply room neat and orderly.
- Insures program area is attractive, neat and clean and bulletin boards and notices are current.
- Makes and/or recommends needed repairs to facility and/or equipment.
- Participates as part of a team to run quality programs by helping out where needed or directed, which may include driving the club van.
- Participates in training/educational opportunities to expand knowledge and skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Skilled in art, music, STEM, technology (preferred)
- Combined experience and/or formal training equivalent to a minimum of three years where:
- There is experience working with youth and knowledge of youth development.
- Formal training, and/or experience teaching youth while creating engaging learning experiences.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality learning programs for youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- Utilizes resources for free and donated supplies and encourages donations from community contacts.
Ability to see, hear, speak, walk, stand and sit required to effectively perform essential job responsibilities.DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.