An exciting position has become available for a full time Technical Manager to join our friendly team based in Burgess Hill, West Sussex. The successful candidate will earn a competitive salary plus bonus. If you have experience in the outdoor furniture sector then this is a perfect opportunity to grow your career and join a fantastic company.
- Competent in Excel
- Technically minded with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent at procedures, organisation and negotiation
- Self-motivated and able to work to deadlines
- Reliable and hardworking
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Ideally live within 30 miles from Burgess Hill
- Experience in furniture industry preferred
- Costing/Pricing Control including preparation of spreadsheets for furniture developments, working on target prices and price points for new models
- Responsible for Audits of timber (FSC & EUTR) and Fire-Retardancy Testing & Certifications for cushions. Putting procedures and disciplines in place accordingly
- Sourcing and procurement of materials to specific deadlines.
- Communicating with manufacturers on a technical basis giving specific written instructions and specifications for materials and construction details
- Monitoring and controlling our environmental policy for elimination of single use plastics across all product packaging.
- All aspects of our furniture production from prototyping to finished product, including regular monitoring and logistics:
a) Approval of prototypes prior to mass production, requesting detailed images from factories
b) Video conferencing to view products at key stages
c) Approval of mass production images (or by factory visit) prior to packing and shipping
d) Shipping deadline date control & logistics/monitoring of containers into our warehouse in Burgess Hill and direct containers to our customers, by communicating with our shipping agents
- Detailed Quality Control Reports and problem solving across all ranges of furniture
- Continual developments for existing and new ranges of furniture
- Occasional overseas factory visits with the Design Manager
Company + Benefits
Alexander Rose has been at the forefront of garden furniture design and manufacturing since 1994. For over 25 years they have built their reputation by listening to their customers, sharing their enthusiasm and bringing passion, experience and skill to the design and manufacture of quality garden furniture.
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Training and ongoing support
- Company pension scheme from day one
- The opportunity to make a difference within a small company
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a hardworking, professional company
- Excellent benefits
- A competitive salary with bonus
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Technical, Manager, Outdoor, Furniture, Fire-Retardancy Testing, Manufacturers, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, Full Time, Alexander Rose