SightMD is a well established, growing Ophthalmology practice seeking a full-time receptionist for our administrative building. The hours are from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday - Friday. The receptionist is the first point of contact for the company and provides administrative support across the organization. The receptionist is responsible for handling the flow of people through the business and ensuring that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
● Reserving rooms and offices
● Coordinating meetings
● Performing administrative tasks
● Answering, screening and forwarding any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
● Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
● Assisting the billing department
● Handling and sorting incoming and outcoming mail
● Special projects and other duties may be assigned as needed
● Ability to operate Microsoft Office
● Maintain professional appearance
● Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
● Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
● Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
● High school degree or equivalent required.
● Bilingual in English and Spanish or ability to speak other languages is desired but not required.
SightMD comprises two divisions, North Shore Eye Care and Long Island Eye Surgical Care. These practices merged in 2016 to provide more comprehensive care to patients, making the highest quality eye services available to all residents of Long Island. The vision of CEO Jeffrey Martin, M.D., and President John Passarelli, M.D., was to join the two best ophthalmology practices in the region in order to create the best practice on the Eastern seaboard. Our commitment to excellence has allowed us to become the official LASIK provider of the New York Mets. Athletes’ careers may hinge on the acuity of their vision, and they entrust us with their eyesight because they know that we consistently provide exceptional care.
All of our practices are aligned, and our team of doctors practices all sub-specialties in-house, allowing us to achieve a continuity of care. We believe that an enduring doctor-patient relationship is at the heart of good treatment, and we seek to build and maintain lifelong relationships.
Role: Receptionist - Hauppauge
Apply for this job now.