Are you authorized to work in the US?
Can you work overtime?
Can you reliably commute to this location?
What is your expected salary range?
The primary job of the IT procurement coordinator is to create and maintain a meaningful liaison with vendors to assure a consistent procurement of quality hardware and software products. The IT procurement coordinator's role is to work collaboratively with the service delivery & project teams to ensure that all goods are purchased in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner. This position provides procurement advice and information to staff as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set and manage client expectations while providing excellent customer care.
- Responsible for the negotiation and acquisition of hardware and software, licenses, warranties, leases and maintenance contracts for a small IT firm.
- Provide management with appropriate information for the renewal process.
- Maintain contract data.
- Create purchase requisitions.
- Receive equipment, ensure line items of the purchase order with the packing slip and ensuring the quantities and quality of the materials received.
- Enter asset information into an asset tracking software system.
- Research, obtain and review competitive bids, quotes, and proposals from vendors and contractors; discuss evaluations and review with management, requestors and subject matter experts.
- Provide pricing quotes for items and prepare orders with suppliers
- Responsible for returns and RMA's including shipping defective equipment to the vendor and arranging the replacement
- Research products and equipment; prepare product/equipment specifications for suitability.
- Research websites/contact vendors to gather technical information and prices on supplies and equipment
- Maintain the inventory listing of all InfraNet property.
- Maintain a repository of enterprise software licenses/keys.
- Maintain procurement documentation.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships.
- Leverage buying power through buying groups and vendor programs.
- Maintain just in time purchasing.
Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Sage experience a plus
- Autotask experience a plus
Additional Skill & Knowledge Requirements:
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to set and manage client expectations.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Able to quickly and proactively gain an understanding of the client's business problems and communicate accurately and completely to the InfraNet staff.
- Must be able to provide exceptional client service.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) -- in person and on the phone, including effective listening and interviewing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to persuade, influence and negotiate with staff and vendors in critical situations.
- Possess a strong desire to help others.
Education & Experience
5 Years of small business IT procurement experience
Role: IT PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR
Apply for this job now.