Closing Date: 29/09/2021
Birmingham 2022 is looking for experienced Lead Venue Planners (LVP) who will transition into a Games time role of either a Venue Operations Manager (VOM), Assistant Venue General Manager (AVGM) or Venue General Manager (VGM). These Venue Management roles will play a key role in assisting the Venue Management (VMA) Functional Area (FA) in the coordination and delivery of all aspects of venue and event planning and the overall delivery of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
The purpose of these roles is to work with FAs, partners and stakeholders to resolve any challenges which have arisen from the second and third iterations of Venue Operational Planning (VOP) and to lead the Venues through the operational planning process, whilst carrying out various other Games planning and delivery duties. The suitable candidate will have experience in planning and delivering venue and event operations with an understanding of delivering quality client service. If you are a detail-orientated individual with excellent communication skills and an ability to work in and support teams on large and complex projects, we would love to hear from you.
- Develop, and apply cross-venue planning principles and service levels that will ensure efficient, effective and coordinated planning and delivery of competition venues.
- Develop, document and use venue operational planning documentation including templates and planning tools.
- Liaise with the FAs involved in operational planning to ascertain FA key dates and subsequently manage the detailed program plan for assigned Birmingham 2022 venues to ensure the completion of VOP deliverables on time and in accordance with interdependent work streams.
- Facilitate the integration of the operational plans, or equivalent, of each of the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee FAs required to operate at the venue(s) to ensure the completion of venue planning work streams including the development of Venue Operations Manuals, contingency plans etc.
- Liaise with Venue Development and Overlay and the Sport FAs in monitoring venue design, ensuring design meets venue operational needs and can operate in a safe and secure manner.
- Develop and manage relationships with key venue stakeholders, both internal and external, including venue owners, councils, licensing authorities, emergency services.
- Lead the venue team in desktop and simulation readiness exercises, assist with venue specific requirements of verifying content, delivering and evaluating the plans.
- Experience in a similar role involving planning and delivering venue and event operations.
- Understanding and delivery of quality client service.
- Record of managing successful and varied teams on large, complex projects.
- An understanding of resource management procedures.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks within a multicultural environment.
Start Date: November 2021, January 2022 or March 2022
Location: One Brindley Place, Birmingham (office-based)
Assessment centres will be held on 26/10/2021 and 28/10/2021; successful candidates will be required to attend a session on one of these dates.
This position is subject to a basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have received the Leaders in Diversity through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.