Seven Social Care is looking for a Temporary Social Worker based in Gateshead to work in their Referral & Assessment Team. This is a full-time position on a 3 month initial contract.
An experienced social worker in the Edge of Care Team working predominantly with teenagers, you will work in a team that provides intensive support to families and out of hours support provided by the wrap around advocates. You will firmly believe in relational social work and work in a team taking a systemic approach focusing on sustained change. The core function of the team is to keep families together, you will be expected to manage risk and uncertainty through contextual safeguarding.
- To manage and promote the child's best interests through evidence based outcome planning via care proceedings, Care planning, Child protection planning or Child in Need planning
- To work with multi-agency partners in the pursuit of excellent outcomes for children in Need of protection and /or care.
- To undertake direct work with children and their families.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.