Businesses are innovating at an unprecedented pace and technology innovation itself is causing businesses to re-think their business models and how they capitalise on new opportunities. This calls for transformational changes to today’s organisations, and for Deloitte to continually re-imagine how we serve our clients on the most significant technology trends in the marketplace in a pioneering way.
Technology Sourcing and Commercial Management is a key competency within our Technology, Strategy&Transformation service area and an enabler to our strategic client and industry propositions. Our Technology Sourcing and Commercial Management team helps our clients optimise the value they derive from technology by providing deep skills and expertise in the design, sourcing, transition, management and governance of technology Supply Chains.
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative and core technology solutions that transform the digital enterprise and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As Consultant/Senior Consultant, you will be part of a management consulting and technology delivery team where you will have responsibilities for:
- Designing and delivering programme(s) to realise the need to manage vendors&alliances, data, integrations and tooling&solutions
- Defining and delivering sourcing strategy which includes re-structuring large supplier deals and negotiating to meet client objectives
- Defining how a client can utilise the 3rd party supply market to deliver speed and value to the business
- Helping clients define and source the necessary skills and competencies for the future including upskilling, partnering, in-source or collaborate
- Defining and managing strategy to transition a client safely from one provider(s) to another
- Defining and deliver commercial management and cost reduction services for clients
- Supporting business and practice development activities relating to our growing Sourcing Advisory capability
- Acting as a subject matter expert within Deloitte supporting our UK Global capability with your knowledge and experience
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Belfast with occasional domestic and international travel
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate
Your professional experience
We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate skills and experience in some of the following:
- Understanding of sourcing strategy from theory through to practice&application
- In-sourcing and benefit understanding
- Running a vendor management function or experience within one
- Ability to apply negotiating skills with vendors
- Digital contracting and contracting for agile
- Experience in at least one of the key Technology Sourcing domains: Application Development, Application Maintenance (ADAM), Networks, Data Centres, Cloud, Hosting or End User Computing
- Understanding of IT financial management including business case development, IT cost analysis and reduction, and it's service charging models.
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.