Residential Care for People Living with AIDS
Job Title: Development Manager
Status: Regular Salaried, Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
Direct Reports: None full time
Updated: November 2017
In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Development Manager creates, produces and monitors development goals and practices. He/she is responsible for donor and community relations activities including (but not limited to) public relations (website, periodicals and social media networking), fundraising campaigns, grant writing, internal/external event coordination, volunteer recruitment, gift processing, and database management. Producing a Development Plan and a Legacy Society are essential for the next fiscal year.
1. Planning and Achieving Fundraising Goals
- Participate in meetings and maintain awareness of development goals and projects, and promote involvement of Board, Executive Director, Development Committee, Staff, and Volunteers in meeting those goals.
2. Donor and Community Relations
- Manage all donor events.
- Manage production of Maitri’s annual gala, BLISS with contracted event producer.
- Represent Maitri at external fundraising and community events.
- Supervise outside resources in relation to fundraising events, including but not limited to, printers, graphic designers, consultants, volunteers, food services, venue representatives; collaborate with other non-profit organizations when appropriate.
- Solicits in-kind goods and professional services to match the needs of particular projects or programs (in-house and as 3rd party beneficiary), including but not limited to graphic design, massage therapists, food and beverage services, kitchen equipment, cultural and/or event tickets for residents, volunteers and staff, entertainers, photographers, computer equipment, office equipment.
- Participate in and provide support for third-party fundraising activities where Maitri is a beneficiary (e.g. Folsom Street Events, Academy of Friends, Grass Roots Gay Rights West).
G. In collaboration with the Executive Director, edits and coordinates production of direct mail campaigns, e-mail campaigns, annual report, newsletters, and collateral materials in a manner that reinforces Maitri’s philosophy and image as well as donors’ relationships with Maitri.
H. Manage Maitri website and social networks to ensure accurate information and fundraising opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other community-based organizations and manage any resulting cooperative fundraising ventures.
3. Gift Processing
A. Code and process all development-related income for accurate general ledger reporting and timely acknowledgement of gifts with Donor Perfect.
B. Oversee accurate and timely tracking and acknowledgement of all in-kind donations using donor database.
C. Reconcile records with Maitri bookkeeper and for annual Audit.
4. Volunteer Management
- Recruit and manage volunteers for (internal and external) fundraising events and administrative tasks.
5. Administrative Support
A. Perform duties related to Development Committee meetings, including, but not limited to, preparation of meeting materials, formation and distribution of meeting minutes, scheduling of meeting space, arrangement for refreshments and confirmation of attendees.
B. Produce reports to gauge department’s effectiveness and progress.
C. Maintain comprehensive Development filing system.
D. In coordination with the Office Manager, order and maintain appropriate Development supplies.
E. Maintain inventory of Development Department supplies specific to events, i.e. wine, dishes and other collateral.
A. In collaboration with Executive Director, facilitates and tracks grant applications, and maintenance of Grants Calendar.
A. Participate in agency task force meetings.
B. Complete special projects as assigned.
Candidates must have bachelor's degree. Master's degree is preferred with 4-5 years’ experience with fundraising, direct mail campaigns, development strategy, foundation/corporation relations and donor relations.
This job requires you to use your personal cell phone for your work at Maitri and you will be reimbursed monthly the amount stated in Maitri’s Personnel Policies for this usage.
Role: Development Manager
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.