The successful candidate will be a self-directed safety conscious individual who has a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in the repair and trouble shooting of plastic injection molding machines. Experience working in a TS 16949 certified automotive production facility is preferred.
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment
- Provide scheduled/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled preventive maintenance of production equipment during machine service
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty or unsafe operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
Preferred Education and Experience:
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance
- Completion of an advance manufacturing technician apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and maintenance experience
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC/Robotics experience
NOTE: Please submit a resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Montaplast is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Montaplast is a family-owned business established in Morsbach, Germany in 1958. Now a world leader in the development and production of plastic products, Montaplast has grown to become a major supplier to the automotive industry both in Europe and the United States. Rapid growth and our technological capabilities have increased our need to continue staffing our Frankfort, KY facility.
Role: Maintenance Technician 2nd & 3rd Shift
Apply for this job now.