Summary: To maintain a safe, functional, physical environment for patients, employees and guests.
This is a Full-time Non-exempt position with a varried schedule.
- General building repair and maintenance.
- Grounds maintenance.
- Routine plumbing and electrical.
- Prepare facility for special functions, including setting up tables, chairs and equipment.
- Respond in a timely manner to alarms and codes.
- Facility cleaning.
- Complies with facility safety, infection control and security program.
MACHINES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED ON JOB:
- MACHINES: Skill Saw, Drill Press, Belt Grinder, Key Cutter, Air Compressor, Power Washer, Leaf Blower, Reciprocating Saw, Routers, Power Planer, Metal Detector, Power Sander, Solder Iron, Brazing Equipment, Electrical Welder, Heat Gun And Office Equipment (Printers, Faxes and Copiers).
- TOOLS: Dollies, Hand Truck, Carts, Screwdrivers, Channel Locks, Hammers, Needle Nose Pliers, Pliers, Wrenches, Ladders, Painting Equipment, Drywall Equipment, Power Tools, Crow Bar, Breaker Bar, Nut Drivers (and Specialty Tool), Circuit Tracer, Volt Meter, (Voice, Data and Video Toner), Plungers, Auger and Pool Cleaning Tools.
- MATERIALS: Lights, Ballasts, Baseboards, Caulking, Aerosols, Fuels (Propane, Diesel and Gasoline), Oils, Grease, Solvents, Oxygen, Fire Extinguishers, Door Locks, Door Closures (and Hardware), Telephones (and Associated Hardware), Spill Kits, Nuts, Bolts, Anchors (Drywall, Concrete, etc.), Cables (Data, Voice, Electrical, etc.).
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
Climbing, ability to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps using feet, legs, hands and arms. Body agility is important. Maintaining bodily equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. Stooping, bending downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist; kneeling bending at the knees to come to rest on a single or both knees; crouching bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine; crawling, moving about on hands, knees and feet; reaching, extending hands and arms in any direction; standing for sustained periods of time; moving about on foot to accomplish tasks particularly for long distances; pushing, the use of upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust it forward, downward or outward; pulling, using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in sustained motion; lifting, to raise objects from a lower to a higher position, moving objects horizontally from position to position; fingering, to pick, pinch, or otherwise work, with the fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling; grasping, apply pressure to an object with fingers and palm; feeling, perceiving attributes of object such as size, shape, temperature and texture by touching the skin, particularly with the fingertips. Substantial repetitive motions of the wrist, hands, fingers or other body parts.
Work is considered to be very heavy, and requires exerting in excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects in a manner of force, lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move said objects. Worker is subjected to environmental conditions occurring inside and outside of the building where temperatures below 40 degrees for periods of more than an hour can be found and above 100 degrees for period of more than hour can be found.
Worker is subjected to noise sufficient to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. Worker is also subject to vibration and exposure of oscillating movements of the extremities or the whole body. Worker is subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding in high places and exposure to high heat and exposure to chemicals. Worker is also subjected to one or more of the following conditions which may affect the respiratory system or skin which may include fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation. The workers skin and breathing air may also be exposed to oils and other fluids.
High school level reading, writing and mathematics skillset; oral communication skills; effective interpersonal skills; legible handwriting; ability to concentrate on task in high traffic area; ability to keep information highly confidential; able to meet deadlines and set priorities; skills in dealing courteously with the public and with patients within the organization; ability to work with minimal supervision. General experience in electrical, mechanical, plumbing and air conditioning with experience in repairs and maintenance.
- Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Healthcare Spending Account & Dependent Care Spending Account
- PTO Plan with Holiday Premium Pay
- Life Insurance (Supplemental Life, Term, and Universal plans are also available.)
- Short and Long-Term Disability (with additional buy-in opportunities)
- Tuition Reimbursement