Financial Reporting Accountant
£50,000 - £55,000 + Car & Benefits
Join this innovative, large organisation in a period of growth, in their technical Finance Team. In the role you will lead on all aspects of accounting policy, technical accounting support for commercial projects and new standard implementation, in addition to playing a key role in internal and external financial reporting.
- Provides a range of accounting knowledge, insight and analysis across all of the businesses, on a separate and consolidated basis
- Manage the accounting team, addressing technical accounting queries and projects from Corporate and the business units
- Work with the wider Finance team to prepare external consolidated financial reporting
- Key point of contact with the auditors, drafting technical papers to support accounting treatment adopted
- Assist with the preparation of papers and reports for Audit Committee and Board
- A key role in the development of the Group's financial accounting and reporting capabilities, responding to senior stakeholder requirements
- Assist with month end reporting, reviewing management accounts and providing technical support to Corporate accountant
Key skills and experience needed
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with excellent technical accounting skills
- Significant experience in a relevant financial environment including technical financial reporting
- Strongly preferring someone with Housing experience
- Experience engaging at senior levels within an organisation
- Have strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to adapt tone and style to a variety of audiences.