$90000.00 to $105000.00 yearly
The Cost Accountant will be responsible to assist the business in ongoing analysis of manufacturing variances, preparation of monthly utilization and inventory reports. He or she will actively participate in the month end close process to help ensure accuracy of the company’s financial statements. This individual will play a significant role in the new part introduction process and will be a key point person for updating and maintaining standard costs in the ERP system.
• Oversee regular inventory cycle counts.
• Inventory management, including managing the physical inventory count conducted by the Operations team, and monitoring the cycle count system.
• Analyze inventory excess and obsolete reserves.
• Analyze volume vs price absorption changes.
• Analyze year over year production cost variance changes.
• Report inventory by product line and calculate inventory KPI's.
• Reconcile inventory locations and prepare related schedules.
• Test and identify opportunities for cost savings and tracks monthly savings.
• Review, analyze, track inventory, and reconcile stock variances; provide management with monthly inventory reports.
• Preparation and analysis of production, costing, and Finished Goods inventory batch reports comparing factors affecting pricing and profitability and tracked within accounting systems.
• Maintain data and records for inventory cost, purchasing, receiving and related accounting within the inventory and accounting systems.
• Develop plan allocations for purposes of allocating overhead costs to our production costs in conjunction with the VP of Finance.
• Calculate and analyze variances which includes labor and overhead and explain variances to management.
• Manage the forecast and accounting of raw materials and inventory by working with the Finance Team, President, and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
• Complete account reconciliations for specific general ledger accounts.
• Work with the team to develop financial models for new products and estimate cost per unit for new products.
• Perform month-end close responsibilities to include journal entries, prepare key performance indicator reports, purchase price, labor variances, and other monthly financial reporting schedules.
• Assisting with month-end close activities and preparation of financial statements
• Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
• Maintain data within, and provide suggestions for improvement of data maintenance and reporting within the system.
Posted by Recruiting Manager Scott MooreJob Requirements:
• 3+ years of Costing & Inventory management experience in a Manufacturing Plant or CPG industry.
• University Degree and/or Post-secondary education in Accounting or a relevant field or Experience in lieu of Degree.
• Advanced System & Excel Skills; including use of V-LOOKUPS, Pivot Tables, Conditional Formatting.
• Experience with QuickBooks or accounting software
• Strong ability to manage and analyze multiple sources of and types of data.
• Self-motivated, excellent organizational skills and problem-solving abilities; high achiever.
• Positive attitude/strong work ethic; a true team contributor.
Posted by Recruiting Manager Scott Moore
Cost Accounting, Cost - Product Development, Cost Allocation, Fixed Asset Inventory, Inventory Analysis, Inventory Planning & Reporting, Cycle Count, Overhead Rates, Analysis
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.