Brightwork's client is a reputable manufacturer based in Glasgow and they are actively involved in the promotion of quality products. Our client has an enviable reputation for producing innovative products driven by market conditions and customer demand and due to an increase in demand they are looking to expand their already experienced engineering team and appoint a dedicated and passionate Project Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
The role is to assist the Engineering Manager in implementing process and engineering improvements to enhance the engineering capabilities, output and, critically, the quality of their product into the market.
You will be responsible for personal and general factory health and safety in line with the company health and safety policy outlined in the Company Handbook.
- Supervise and advise on the application and quality of work undertaken by the Maintenance Team on projects
- Provide assistance in carrying out repairs and servicing to company equipment when required
- Liaise with Engineering Manager on progressing work
- Ensure good working standards are maintained throughout projects
- Organise workshop project area to ensure it is clean and tidy and workspace is properly utilised
- Ensure that company maintenance standards and procedures are followed
- Effectively utilise all engineering staff
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is complete
- Any other work requested by the Manager
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years working in an Engineering role
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- IT skills including PLC Programming
- Able to build an inter-departmental relationship
- Good all-round experience of ancillary equipment, parts and products
- Able to assess quality standards required for parts
This is a unique opportunity for a Project Engineer to join and progress their career within an innovative high-growth company. Your work will have a clear and direct impact on ambitious projects, by working individually and as a part of the team with a high degree of devolved responsibility.
Please note this role will consist of dayshift, backshift and nightshift.
Competitive salary, shift allowance, overtime and a company pension. If this role is of interest please send your most recent CV and salary expectations to the address provided.
Brightwork is a recruitment agency for those seeking permanent work and a recruitment business for those seeking temporary work