Location: Dublin (Central Park) & Hybrid
At AIB, we understand that the world of banking is changing and new technology is making that happen. Our technology is at the centre of our ambition to be the leading digital bank and we want to be recognised as having the best technology function of any bank in Europe.
We are a purpose-led organisation, and our people support the delivery of our purpose to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. We want to create an environment where employees are rewarded for both what they achieve and the way in which they achieve it.
Summary of role:
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, Architecture & Practice, the job holder will be responsible for the design of security technology architecture and securing the Bank's IT systems, network and applications from current and emerging threats during development and maintenance cycles. The role will require both practical and strategic experience in implementing security target architectures and roadmaps.
We're looking for someone who can:
- Plan, analyse and design Bank security systems including network monitoring, intrusion detection and prevention, identity management, access control, mobile device management and data protection.
- Initiate upgrades to security systems as necessitated by technology availability and maturity, security gaps, emerging threats, business risk and needs and cost effectiveness.
- Develop AIB project documentation including Technical Requirements, High Level Design, Low Level Design and Architecture Review Board artefacts.
- Serve as a primary security contact for projects during the planning, analysis and design phases of projects.
- Provide IT security technology and process guidance for solution architects and the business.
- Monitor ongoing projects to verify that security components are built and deployed as originally designed.
- Assist in reviewing compliance to AIB's Target Security Architecture and industry standards, internal policies and procedures.
- Improve the security posture of Bank systems by planning and designing the delivery of security within the solutions.
- Evaluate security at all levels including Network (firewalls, routers, etc.), Cloud (Cloud Security Architecture), Server (mid-range, mainframe, virtual, appliance, etc.), OS (Windows, Linux, OSX, iOS, Android, etc.), Application server (WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere, etc.), Application (Java, JSP, .NET, etc.), Data store (Directory and database), authentication mechanisms, authorization procedures, auditing/logging and user administration and access control.
- Consult on security considerations based on system delivery models including internally hosted, cloud hosted, cloud managed, mobile, etc.
- Support in the development and maintenance of Target Security Architecture and roadmaps based on security, IT and business strategy, available technology and current/emerging threats.
- Collaborate with developers, system/network administrators and other stakeholders to ensure correct design, development and implementation of applications and networks.
AIB Brand Values:
It is a given that the role holder will be a strong role model of the AIB Values: Be One Team | Own the Outcome | Drive Progress | Show Respect | Eliminate Complexity
Minimum Criteria: (Max 5) - Please note that the following criteria forms the basis of your answers on the application form.
- 3rd Level qualification in IT related discipline is preferred
- 7+ Years working in the technology domain. 5+ Years working