Direct Care Staff - Shifts - Multiple Shifts Including Part Time Options
Provides direct personal care and supervision to residents with developmental disabilities at the facility and in the community as needed. Promotes resident well-being and satisfaction through support with activities of daily living. Direct Care staff will also assist with leisure activities. A self-starter with the ability to communicate and work as a team with other facility staff and supervisors to ensure resident needs are met. Dedication to detail and the ability to actively engage with residents. Must exhibit excellent work ethics and job responsibility with regard to respectful communication with residents, their families,and peer staff as well as attendance for assigned shifts and monthly staff meetings.
Basic First Aid & CPR certification required (provided by employer), Live Scan Fingerprint & TB clearancerequired - (provided by applicant prior to start date). Physical ability to perform the duties, including ability to assist with mobility and resident transfers is essential. Exhibit a positive attitude with a willingness to work with a diverse population and the ability to work in a team environment is required. The individual must possess the capability to read, write, understand and carry out service plans, document resident care in progress notes and Medication Assistance Record, and follow physician orders. Must posses a valid California Driver's License. Minimum age is 18 years. Previous experience desired but not required.
- Assist with daily activities of residents including housekeeping classes, hygiene (showering, shaving, and brushing teeth), dispensing medication as assigned, follow licensing regulations and guidelines for resident and employee safety.
- Function as a member of a team, assisting co-workers as needed and following direction from Lead Staff and Administration.
- Monitor resident activity, food intake, functional status, and psychosocial status, taking actions as required to promote resident well-being, using techniques such as redirection.
- Monitor and assist with residents entering and exiting transportation services to their daily programs.
- Document and report changes immediately to supervisor.
- Assist with dining room duties and clean-up as needed following meals and in other common facility areas.
- Promote open communication between health care professionals, while following confidentiality policies.
Glennwood House of Laguna Beach is a 42 room facility that also has a dining hall, gym, organic garden, activities, art, and game room for residents to enjoy. The facility opened in the Summer of 2013 and is geographically close to wonderful Laguna restaurants, down town shopping, walking distance to beach access, the park and recreation sites.
Role: Residential Direct Care Staff
Location: Laguna Beach,
Apply for this job now.