Logistics Specialist - VR/21770
Our client, a manufacturer of heating products and renewable energy sources, is looking for a Logistics Specialist to join their team in Basildon.
You will support the Logistics function across a wide range of activities and will take leadership in the maintenance of stoke levels and analysis of Key Accounts and Products.
Duties of the Logistics Specialist:
- Receiving and storing of stock, movement & analysis of product and key customer account management.
- Maintaining stock levels that ensure an excellent level of product availability, whilst taking into account warehouse space and inventory value.
- Analysing and ensuring alignment of stock on all IT systems.
- Keeping customer satisfaction as a high priority, balancing the needs of the customer to that of the business.
- Prioritising planned logistical activities with unplanned reactive activities to ensure balance between company and customer needs.
- Key contact and support for customer deliveries throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory levels, optimising availability against warehouse space whilst maintaining control over inventory value.
- Analysing and reconciling any stock differences between IT systems.
- Inbound - Planning & organising the replenishment of stock from their factories and external suppliers following group and local processes.
- Outbound - Being the direct point of contact for resolution of transport issues and claims.
- Coordinating and managing the whole returns / reverse logistics process for finished goods.
- Account management of some key customers. Planning and scheduling the delivery of shipments direct from factory, paying attention to lead-times within the supply chain.
- Other analysis and projects as needed related to Logistics and Supply Chain improvements.
Essential Skills Required:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced ability on Excel.
- A motivated and can-do attitude and the desire to work in a flexible environment.
- Developed communication skills (both written and spoken).
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen.
- SAP Experience within Logistics.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Logistics, preferably stock control within the EU and National.
- BREXIT knowledge and experience to date with some preparations.
- Previous experience in the sector.
- Experience communicating with multiple nationalities.
The successful Logistics Specialist will receive a salary of £24-28k depending on experience, plus an annual bonus.
If you wish to apply, or for more information about the Logistics Specialist vacancy, please email your CV to the Shipping team of Red Recruit at #removed# quoting reference VR/21770