COMPANY: FASTTRACK MANAGEMENT SERVICES (LONDON) LTD
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: Competitive rate of pay dependant on experience
I am recruiting for a well established precision engineering business. They are an ISO9001 subcontract machining company, manufacturing components for aerospace, medical, electronics and scientific equipment manufacturers. They process prototype, low to medium batch production in aluminium, engineering plastics, stainless and tool steels.
This prestigious company is looking to expand and so are looking for a CNC miller that will be responsible for CNC programming, setting and operating CNC Bridgeport Heidenhain 3 and 4 axis vertical machining centres.
- Self-starter and a team player with the desire to work in a progressive company.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and develop manufacturing routings.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload in a changing environment.
- Analytical thinking with problem solving skills
- Personable with good people skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships, mentor and train other employees.
- Demonstrate alignment and the ability to live and work by the businesses core values.
- Planning, programming with CAD/CAM systems, setting and operating multiple Bridgeport Heidenhain 3 and 4 axis vertical machining centres.
- Setting and operating manual metal cutting machinery e.g. centre lathes, vertical milling machines, surface grinders.
- Conforming to the inspection and paperwork requirements ISO 9001.
- Contributing to weekly departmental meetings and the company's continuous improvement activities.
- Assisting with mentoring apprentices and cross training fellow employees.
- Tool fitting and other assembly work as required.
- Assisting with material deliveries as required.
- Conforming to ISO 9001 administration and working procedures.
- Any other workshop duties as requested by your manager.
Mon - Thursday: 7.30 am to 5.00 pm
Friday: 7.30 am to 12.30 pm.
Whats on offer?
- Opportunity for overtime available at 1.4 times hourly rate.
- Company group profit related bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave including statuary holidays
- Company sickness scheme
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Career progression
How to apply?
Send your CV to
You can also call me on 01923 813140 or 07771 346859
Role: CNC Miller, Programmer, Setter, Operator
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Portsmouth, South East
Apply for this job now.