We are an Astoria, Queens based IT & Cyber Security solutions provider looking for an ambitious IT professional with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a network/systems engineer.
WE ARE NOT a placement company or a staffing agency.The candidate we are searching for now will be looking to join a growing, team first environment that helps take their employees' IT careers to the next level.
The right candidate should be a great communicator with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and documentation skills. They also will be working on a daily basis in the following main categories and should have experience in each:
- Project management
- Cyber Security (Next Gen Firewalls/UTM, Endpoint Protection et.al)
- Storage & Backup
- Networks (Routing & Switching)
- Server infrastructure
- Supporting end users in a Windows environment.
A foundation of or working knowledge in all the below will make the ideal candidate.
- 5 years IT experience at a bare minimum
- Configuration of multiple Security Technologies
- Configuration/administration of VMware
- Configuration/administration of Windows-based Active Directory
- Configuration/administration of Microsoft Exchange
- Configuration/administration of backup systems
- Configuration/administration of Cisco routers and switches
- Configuration/administration of VoIP systems (such as Cisco Call Manager/Unity)
- Understanding of IP networking including DNS, messaging, and routing
- Working knowledge in network security technologies (Firewalls, anti-virus, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking monitoring tools and protocols
- Support of desktops and desktop applications
- Implementation and administration of WSUS
- Blackberry and ActiveSync knowledge a plus
Proof of knowledge through educational history, certifications, and/or references is required.
Although specific certifications are not required, they are a big plus. Including:
- MCSE or MCITP certification
- VMware certification of any kind
- Cisco certifications (CCNA or higher)
- Checkpoint Security certifications
- A+, Network+, or Security+ certifications
Cyber Security Experts
Role: Network Security / Systems Engineer
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.