Company: PDA SEARCH AND SELECTION LTD
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £36,000 per annum
Job Title: Flooring Technician (Additional Building Works)
Location: Covering Central London (3 Month Temporary Contract)
Salary: £36,000.00 per annum pro rata
Benefits: Company vehicle, Company pension scheme, BUPA (single cover), 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Hours: 45 hours per week - Monday to Friday
We are advertising this Building Fabric Technician role on behalf of our client 'City Facilities Management’. City were established in 1985 and the company has grown to become one of the world’s largest privately held, integrated FM companies.
This role is a multi-site role offering building fabric maintenance services across a range of disciplines aimed at keeping services and costs in-house. We are looking for someone with flooring bias. Their work includes a mixture of PPM and reactive building fabric works internally and externally to include:
- Roof - repair roof leaks and quarterly gutter and gully clearance
- Brickwork - repairs to walls
- Floor - repair vinyl and ceramic tiles
- Car Park / yard works
- Fabric - doors, protection works, office workstations, signage, carpentry, plastering and general shopfittings
- Roller shutters - annual PPM and reactive repairs
- Carry out minor painting repairs
Plumbing and drainage
- Unblock drains, urinals, toilets, and sinks.
- Repair leaking taps and washers.
- Wall, floor, and associated fittings repairs.
- Ironmongery and hardware repairs and replacement.
Main PPM Responsibilities:
To maintain and repair the general building fabric in stores as defined in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with the Health and Safety policies.
- Ability to maintain / repair a range of building fabrics and ground works, to recognised standards whilst working with minimum supervision.
- To liaise with project teams on store alterations, modernisations, and other relevant works.
- To carry out minor alterations and installations within the individual’s technical competence in accordance with current specifications agreed with the retailer
- Carry out annual PPM service on all roller shutters installed within each store.
- To identify non-repairable issues and promptly advise the AMM of findings, with recommendations regarding suitable alternatives.
- Support the wider technical team as and when required
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Carpentry / building / general qualifications in building services
- Hold a recognised health and safety qualification or be prepared to be trained.
- Good knowledge and experience of MEP services and recognised fabric repair techniques
- A basic understanding of the L8 ACOP or be prepared to be trained for.
- Must have driving licence
If you feel these qualities describe you, then we would like to hear from you.
Please apply by submitting your CV in the strictest confidence to Andrew Bridges at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.