Reservations and Reception Manager - Leeds - £25,000p/a including tronc
Our client is a highly successful, well renowned restaurant and cocktail bar with a reputation for exceptional food, service and live music events. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Reservations & Reception Manager to head up our busy reservations team. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years extensive Management experience gained in a high quality hotel or restaurant.
As our Reservations & Reception Manager you will run the daily operation of the reservations team and be responsible for ensuring the exceptional welcome all guests receive when they visit.
Leadership, organisational & communication skills are a pre-requisite as is fluency in both spoken and written English. You will have previous extensive experience in a high end, fast paced establishment and a strong working knowledge of all Front of House operations.
Essential Key Skills
- Outstanding customer service, personal presentation & professionalism
- Excellent team working skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and in a busy environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Capable of motivating a team through training and solid leadership
- Ability to manage & rectify complaints
- Meeting and greeting guests and allocating tables
- Taking reservations via telephone & email
- Producing weekly & monthly reports for the Managing Director
- Fully manage the reservations software Avenista and update the system as and when required
- Contributing to the content and look of the restaurant website
- Work together with the Marketing Manager and Front of House Manager on a daily basis to maximise bookings
- Alongside the Marketing Manager contribute to the live events calendar
- Liaise with the Front of House Manager to ensure the smooth running of every service and live event
- Responsible for high volume, complex reservations
- Taking cash and credit card payments during and after service
- Cash handling and balancing cash sheets
- Planning and execution of large corporate events
- Preparing table daily plan, ensuring smooth service
- Taking high volume, complex reservations
You will be the face of the business to many customers so your ability to communicate in a friendly and accurate manner is a high priority. Setting exceptional standards for your team is paramount and you must guide them to delivering those standards to our valuable customers.
In return we will offer
- An exciting and high paced environment in which to work
- Job training and career development
Please apply with an up to date CV in Word or PDF format.