COMPANY: WILD RECRUITMENT
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Senior Visa Compliance Officer
£32,800 per annum
I have an exciting opportunity for a candidate to join a wonderful team of people based in a London University. You will work closely with stakeholders across the University to implement and review all policies and processes concerning our Tier 4 sponsor duties to the Home Office.
- To assess the eligibility of prospective students for Tier 4 sponsorship by reviewing their applications, immigration history and compliance interview.
- To advise other stakeholders including Admissions, International Recruitment and Student Services on the eligibility of Tier 4 sponsorship for prospective students.
- To work closely with the Visa Compliance Manager to ensure that all CAS are assigned correctly and within agreed deadlines.
- To act as a Level 1 User on the Home Office's Sponsor Management System and issue CAS to students who have met the requirements for Tier 4 sponsorship.
- To assess requests for Tier 4 sponsorship from continuing students or those returning from a period of intermission.
- To assess requests for immigration letters (e. Short-Term Study visa) from prospective and current students and issue the necessary documentation.
- To work closely with Student Services across all campuses to ensure that only students with valid immigration permission are enrolled at the University.
- To act as a contact for Student Services across all campuses with any queries on the University's Right to Study system - Validate.
- To carry out post-enrolment checks to ensure that all documentation has been captured at enrolment in line with Home Office regulations.
- To participate in audits of international student records across all of the University's campuses.
- To run and maintain weekly reports on Tier 4 Student attendance and carry out regular checks of student attendance records.
- To act as the first point of contact for academic staff regarding any queries on the attendance of Tier 4 Students, including the completion of registers.
- To organise Centre Tier 4 Officer meetings for Tier 4 Students who are in breach of the University's Attendance Policy for Tier 4 Students.
- To ensure that Centre Tier 4 Officers submit reports following their meetings and follow-up on any queries.
- To advise University staff and students on the University's Alternative Sessions Policy for Tier 4 Students and respond to any requests for alternative sessions.
- To ensure that any Tier 4 Students with cases of continued absence are escalated as per the Attendance Policy for Tier 4 Students.
- To escalate any areas of concern in Tier 4 Student attendance to the Visa Compliance Manager.
If you have the experience to do this Senior Visa Compliance Officer role, please apply now we would love to hear from you!
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.