Are you an experienced Electronics Engineer / Graduate who has some practical exposure to electronics design and software development in C++ or JSON? Here you will be involved in every step of product design & development. We're a well-established and expanding marine manufacturer based near Alton in Hampshire.
BASIC SALARY: £25,000 - £35,000 dependant on your experience
· Good holiday allowance rising with service (includes Xmas shutdown)
· Access to company benefits package including pension
LOCATION: Alton, Hampshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Basingstoke, Winchester, Southampton, Andover, Portsmouth, Fareham, Chichester, Havant, Aldershot, Guildford, Woking, Reading,
JOB DESCRIPTION: Graduate Electronics Engineer / Electronics Engineer : Marine / Oil & Gas / Electronics / Design
Reporting to our hands-on Engineering Manager and working along-side another Electronics Engineer who we hired this year, you'll provide support to the Engineering Manager on the redesign of our existing equipment. Moving forwards there will be some new product design (NPD) of analogue and digital electronics, product specification and software development of the system.
Utilising your existing electronics experience, you'll have exposure to PCB design & analogue / digital electronics. You'll be able to generate drawings that will allow the external manufacturing of PCB's in China to our specification. You will also work on software development for the finished product once it has been built.
The role is predominantly office based near Alton, but occasionally you will go to customer sites in the UK to support equipment installation and maybe some breakdowns too.
Our equipment is electro-mechanical; and a combination of battery powered, mains electric (LP) and renewables (solar, wind, hydro-powered). Some of our products have wireless capability utilising various communication protocols.
We manufacture a niche portfolio of equipment, selling to the Marine / Oil & Gas sectors - and are considered one of the UK's leading suppliers. We add value through consultation, technical expertise, and excellent service levels - and you will be a fundamental part of this process.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES: Graduate Electronics Engineer / Electronics Engineer : Marine / Oil & Gas / Electronics / Design
· Electronic design (PCB design) for analogue and digital electronics
· Generate electronic and electrical schematics
· Software development (python or C++) of the final product
· You might also be involved in some final assembly & product test where needed
YOUR BACKGROUND: Graduate Electronics Engineer / Electronics Engineer : Marine / Oil & Gas / Electronics / Design
· Electronics design that covers PCB design (Altium or ORCAD)
· Knowledge of Software development, we're open minded on the languages you know - but python, JSON or C++ is preferred
· You'll thoroughly understand the capabilities of an Arduino Board
· As we're a “small business” - we need you to be flexible, open minded and be involved in all areas of electronic engineering including design, development & test
· Experience in the oil and gas / marine sectors would be helpful based on our product range, customer's and environment - but any industrial background would be of interest to us
We are approaching 30 years in business. We manufacture niche equipment predominately to the Marine / Oil & Gas sectors. We're profitable, successful and expanding our engineering team in the midd