ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Applicants should be well-rounded and outgoing individuals with a positive, confident, and aggressive mindset to seek out and win new business. The primary job functions include the following:
- Become technically proficient with our various product lines;
- Aggressively identify and pursue new business and applications throughout a wide variety of industries;
- Develop strong relationships with customers and work with them on a wide range of applications in order to help them improve reliability, performance, and production capabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an engineering field, with a solid mechanical aptitude
- Minimum of 2-3 years of sales or engineering experience
- Previous industrial sales experience is preferred, but not required
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Sales or related field also preferred.
- Also preferred but not required, any:
- Previous work experience with any of our product lines, preferably SMC, Mitsubishi, 80/20, Oriental Motor, IAI, Panasonic, Datalogic, or any competitive or similar product line.
- Previous work experience with pneumatics, VFDs, HMIs, PLCs, DC/AC motors, electric actuators, machine vision, sensors and safety products, and any other manufacturing components used in system configuration and design.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage a variety of customers and their projects, while continuing to hunt for new opportunities
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills with an outgoing personality
- Must be self-motivated and willing to work remotely without compromising productivity
HPE Automation is a family run organization that offers automation solutions to our customers by representing industry leading manufacturers of industrial automation and robotic products. Since founded in 1980, customers have depended on HPE’s ability to anticipate, identify, and define issues and opportunities to help their business. We deliver value through our extensive knowledge of industrial automation processes and products, which helps our customers gain a competitive edge in their markets. HPE Automation’s core competencies include Pneumatics, Robotics, Machine Guarding and Framing, Electric Actuators, Conveyors, Machine Vision, and Motion Control products.
As a family run company, we refuse to lose sight of the importance of our employees. We constantly seek self-improvements in the same way that we seek improvements for our customers, and that means investing in and supporting the growth of our team members. We have a great team of people in place because of this, and it our people who make HPE Automation the best high-tech distributor in Florida!
Role: Automation Sales Engineer
Apply for this job now.