Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for a Senior Community Nurse (RNLD) to work full-time with a leading healthcare provider in Cambridge. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of learning disability nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Senior Community Nurse role is £30,401 - £37,267 per annum.
You will be working in a highly specialist hospital where patients requiring a medium secure care setting can maximise value from therapeutic interventions. Our services have produced excellent recovery results for patients and they are able to progress to low secure or locked rehabilitation if possible
- The post holder will demonstrate specialist knowledge and skills and have undertaken appropriate post registration training.
- To have an understanding of Health and Social care policy and legislation for the service user group in relation to your professional practice.
- To independently prioritise, maintain and manage a complex specialist personal caseload within the context of the Learning Disability Partnership.
- To be highly proficient in the assessment, identification, treatment and management of the specialist health and nursing needs of the learning disability population. This includes risk assessment, assessment of complex conditions e.g. challenging behaviour including forensic issues, palliative care, mental health, epilepsy.
- To liaise and communicate effectively and sensitively with other professionals in the MDT and external agencies (e.g. Mental Health Teams, Drug and Alcohol, Palliative and Children's Service's) providing highly specialist advice as necessary.
- To have a good understanding of the specific needs of the service user group including at times of crisis. E.g. during placement breakdowns, mental health and physical health relapse, times of transition and periods of challenging behaviour.
Requirements of the Senior Community Nurse:
- You will be a registered learning disabilities nurse and will have a valid NMC pin.
- A genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development.
- Recent UK Nursing experience
This Senior Community Nurse role is advertised by Victor Rosado; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.