Marian Moss Enterprises is a rehabilitation center for individuals that are intellectually developmentally disabled. MME provides contracts for these individuals to work on, allowing them to earn their own paycheck.
The Service Coordinator is responsible for training client workers and acting as an advocate for the individuals with disabilities while working in the Marian Moss workcenter. This job is a full-time job. Work hours must be conducted in normal hours of operation (8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday), but the schedule may vary, dependent on the needs of the organization. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job functions satisfactorily.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Completes all documentation related to worker care for all client workers in a timely and accurate manner.
· Conducts and maintains effective communication regarding worker care with all parents, house parents, and other funding agency personnel as appropriate with each individual.
· Train client workers on an individual basis.
· Ensures that all staff members are made aware of the goals and objectives for each individual client worker.
· Keeps monthly notebook current with new training goals.
· Conducts or coordinates CPR and First Aid training for all staff.
· Accurately calculates client billing.
· Assists in maintaining official personnel files for staff.
· Guides and develops employees in the accomplishment of their duties.
· Ensures the safety and well being of all client workers at all times
· Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly with clients, other staff, day homes, parents, and house parents.
· Responsible for maintaining a harmonious work environment
· Responsible for keeping the work area clean and well maintained.
· Maintain the highest level of standards for treatment of clients to ensure that no real or perceived actions of abuse, neglect or exploitation occur. Responsible for seeing that all co-workers and clients are treated with respect and consideration. Ensures that any suspicion of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of clients is reported immediately.
· Responsible for immediately reporting any damage to vehicles or equipment being used.
· Shows up to work, on time, ready to work scheduled hours.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES OR JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Cross trains for the duties of Receptionist/Accounting Assistant and Accountant and assist in those duties as needed.
· Notifies Office Manager or Executive Director of any real or perceived problems.
· Maintains confidentiality of clients and employees.
· Reports any suspected fraud and/or abuse to the Office Manager or the Executive Director immediately.
· Ensures that any on-the job injury is reported immediately and followed up with appropriate forms and actions.
· Completes personal timesheet accurately and timely. Ensures time is reported based on actual time worked.
· Ensures any reports of harassment are immediately reported.
· Must be willing to be trained in first aid and CPR and be willing to use such skills on the job.
· Attends meetings, trainings, and workshops as needed
· The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. As a condition of employment, employees are required to perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree highly desired. Work experience in a related field can be used as a substitute
· One year of paid work experience required.
· QuickBooks experience a plus.
· Previous experience with or knowledge of individuals with disabilities helpful.
· Computer skills required.
· Ability to communicate in a professional and effective manner (orally and in written format) with staff, client workers, and other involved individuals.
· Must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with all individuals.
· Must be able to pass regular criminal history checks.
· Must be willing to take and pass a drug/alcohol tests and comply with the agency drug and alcohol policy.
· Ability to understand and carry out instruction and procedures with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to complete the work with accuracy and integrity.
· Ability to work with multiple priorities and work situations.
· Ability to supervise multiple workers with disabilities.
· Must possess and maintain valid Texas motor vehicle operator's permit of appropriate classification and endorsement as required. Must agree to maintain a satisfactory MVR and minimum requirement of insurability as required by law. MVR background checks may be conducted by the agency.
· Ability to maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
· Regularly required to stand for extended periods of time.
· High level of daily repetitive motion with workshop equipment.
· Ability to bend or squat required.
· Must be able to supervise and/or perform the work necessary or the timely completion of all workshop contracts
· Work environment includes an inside environment
· Noise level could be low to moderate
· Low to normal travel - ability to travel to various locations for work duties.
· May transport clients to and from worksites.
Role: Service Coordinator Case Manager
Apply for this job now.