Company: 82ND STREET ACADEMICS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
82nd Street Academics is looking for a high-energy Preschool Teacher to serve as a Lead Teacher in our Summer Program, 3-K Preschool Program, or 4-K for All program.The hours are 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. Prep time is included in the shift, Summer classes are held from 8:30-3:30pm.
To qualify for this Lead Teacher
position you must:
- Have either an Early Childhood (Birth to Grade 2) or Elementary (Pre-k to 6th Grade). Study plan candidates will be considered provided the path to certification is clearly identified on your resume/cover letter and prior classroom experience demonstrated.
- Be fluent in English and one other language
- Candidates with prior experience in a Pre-K classroom receive priority in the application process. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to prepare for a Lead Teacher role with us in September, we hope to continue our relationships from the summer into the Fall programs.
- Be ready to join us for our amazing program from June 28th - August 20th.
The Lead Teacher
will be responsible for:
A little about why you should consider 82nd Street Academics:
- Supervising children and planning lessons/activities for a group of 15 three-year-olds or 20 four-year-olds. Positions with both age groups are available.
- Delegating tasks to 2 Assistant Teachers.
- Our classrooms are instructional rigorous and supportive of students' emotional growth.
-Our educational staff are energetic and amazing! Have you ever thought of creating an indoor jungle? What about a farm? Our staff take our learning themes and really do it all.
-Our families are invested in their child's learning. If you're looking to work for a place where families really care, you've found it!
-We are a great place to grow! If you have special gifts that you bring to this position, we are a great place to develop and use them. Everyone has an impact on our student's journey to college.
The position offers a positive, team-oriented work environment, and a competitive salary and benefits package.If you qualify for this position, we hope to hear from you!
Interested and qualified candidates, submit your resume and cover letter by email only. In your cover letter, explain any gaps in your job history and tell us about any special qualifications you have for this position.
The salary range described is dependent on the level of certification. Please include clearly your level of certification in your response. We look forward to meeting you!