The Skilled Trades Recruiter position is responsible for owning the overall recruitment process for our manufacturing and construction-based roles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Owns the overall recruitment process for our skilled trades (manufacturing and construction) positions including job postings, both internal and external, screens resumes and candidates, writes interview questions, schedules interviews.
- Consults with hiring managers on best candidate to hire. Makes and negotiates job offers.
- Creates skilled trades job descriptions to align with company initiatives and support company values and culture.
- Researches and recommends strategies that will lead to successful hires, including pay, benefits, relocation pay, and sign-on bonuses.
- Makes recommendations for new hires based on quantifiable interview scores.
- Manages ATS (applicant tracking systems). Creates job postings and posts on relevant job sites.
- Manages national skilled trades career fair recruitment programs selects programs and schools to target. Actively participates in events and maintains relationships.
- Manages third party recruitment agencies for assistance in regular, temporary and contract workers.
- Crafts recruiting campaigns with referral and sign-on bonuses.
- Ensures a smooth handoff between recruitment and onboarding.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Human Resources or a related field
- 3 years' experience in recruiting, preferably in a high-volume setting
- Strong desire to grow a career in recruiting
- Experience working in construction or manufacturing highly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office (primarily Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience working in HRIS/ATS is highly preferred
- Learning agility: the ability to absorb and act on new knowledge quickly
- Ability to handle multiple changing and competing demands
- Ability to work both as a team player and independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attendance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger (keyboard), handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Employee must occasionally push, pull or lift from below the waist, or lift from an overhead position and carry 5-10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a typical office environment and occasionally works on or near the Shop floor where there may be moving mechanical parts with occasional exposure to the risk of electrical shock, outdoor weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally high.
- Travel up to 20% of the time may be required for this position.
USA Millwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Veterans, Females, Minorities, and Disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR