COMPANY: TEACHING PERSONNEL
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full time
SALARY: £60 - £80 per day
Teaching Personnel are looking for graduates who wish to work within the education sector. We have set up a Future Teachers Programme to aid your development into a career post University. If you wish to gain practical experience prior to enrolment of formal teacher training this is the programme for you!
This programme is within Primary and Secondary schools and each placement is up to a year in length. Teaching Personnel offer ongoing support throughout the placement with access to professional development courses and lesson resources. Once a term your local consultant will visit the school to meet you and your assigned teacher mentor to discuss your progress.
Many teachers say their job is endlessly rewarding and incredibly fulfilling. If youre confident and willing to be creative, you can have a lot of fun teaching your lessons. Generally the lessons that will engage the children the most are the ones you enjoy, based on a subject that you love. Being a Teacher means you can be sure everyday you will be surrounded by energetic and enthusiastic children who speak their minds. Whether you wish to teach secondary, primary or within SEND schools, one of the main reasons people go into teaching is the joy of working with children and young people.
Befits to this role include;
- Monday to Friday 8:30-16:00 timetable
- Placement fresh out of university
- £275-£300 a week pay
- Access to Teaching Personnels CPD courses at discounted rates
- Practical training and experience
- Wages received by PAYE and not an umbrella company
Subject specialisms to be taught include;
- Ethics and Philosophy
Whilst in placement you will;
- Keep a journal of your day to day experience
- Observe lessons in your subject specialism and other subjects to develop a broad knowledge of teaching styles/methods
- Discover how different members of staff provide effective differentiation, manage behaviour and conduct non subject activities such as registration and assemblies
- Gain experience in assessment for learning
- Create a lesson plan
- Deliver at least one lesson per term when confident on the schools approach to learning
- Gain experience in learning outcomes - You will observe pupils and be able to actively identify which students require support to uncover their barriers to learning
- Work with all staff to support the pastoral systems in place to aid pupil development
- Learn the school policies and discover how and why they developed
- Learn the syllabus in your subject area and identify the areas of your degree which can be applied and present this to the school
- Support pupils through coursework and examination preparation
- The ability to provide and deliver pupil interventions
- You will need to apply for a DBS and register this with the update service prior to working within schools
If this sounds like the opportunity for you I would love to hear from you! Please click apply now!