Vehicle Inspector / Compound Driver
Chipping Warden, Banbury
A number of Vehicle Inspectors / Compound Drivers are required for an industry leading automotive fleet management company.
Our client provides class leading vehicle technical services to 18 of the UK's leading car manufacturers. Warranty approved by many of the OEM's, they prepare and repair over 50,000 cars a year through their facilities at Chipping Warden, and additionally they deliver these vehicles across the UK.
Due to their business expanding, they are looking to recruit a number of Compound drivers who will responsible for the inspection of vehicles entering and leaving the inspection bays and the movement of those through the compound. From outside on the forecourts to inside the compound.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out defined point checks and inspections when the vehicle arrive
- Perform technically accurate assessments of the vehicles and logging these correctly
- You will main all the data of your inspection (e.g. Findings, damage and images) in line with predefined processes, procedures, and quality standards
- Detect any vehicle defects and report to the Damage Administrator/Supervisor
- Ensure that all Company equipment and tools are kept in a clean, safe condition at all times and to report any shortage or damage/faulty equipment to the Technical Services Supervisor.
- Flexible working hours to cover shifts during holiday periods
- Carrying out other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required
- To abide the sites H&S processes and ensure site policies are followed at all times
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Relevant experience in a similar position is desirable
- Full/Clean UK licence is essential
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, to all levels, both internally and externally
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Fully conversant use of hand-held mobile communication devices
- Has a strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised to achieve high standards
- Proactive, positive and flexible attitude to work
- Able to work with others and a team player
- Work outdoors in all weathers
WORKING HOURS: 45/50 hours per week
Monday - Friday