Are you a Cloud Engineer with a background in Linux? Or are you a Linux System Administrator keen to upskill in Cloud platforms and Containerisation? Then read on, this is the role for you...
You will be working with the Infrastructure Architects and Developers to contribute to the design, build and deployment of platforms and solutions that will drive the technical future of the business. The objectives of the team are to design and build innovative, industry leading, solutions that will be deployed to a global market via their own Internet.
The current roadmap for the team is dominated by the continuing development of Container Hosting Platforms, using Redhat's Openshift, utilising Kubernetes and Ceph. These platforms are hosted in the company's own data centres around the world.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design of new infrastructure solutions as assigned through the company's project process
- Build, implement, test and document new infrastructure solutions as assigned through the company's project process
- Provide operational support to new platforms and solutions through the initial launch phase.
- Play an active role in the handover of operational support to the Operations Team
- Linux server administration
- Advanced Scripting skills (eg BASH, Python)
- Deployment and management of large scale systems and platforms
- Experience of server virtualisation at scale, preferably KVM + oVirt
- RHCE certified
- Experience with configuration management and automation systems, such as Foreman, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform or Chef
- Experience of Kubernetes container management and orchestration, preferably Red Hat OpenShift
- Experience of working within an Internet Hosting Service Provider
- Understanding of DevOps and Cloud Native Development practices
Gloucester - Permanent
Paying £40,000-£60,000pa Depending On Experience (Junior-Senior) + benefits
Role: Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Linux) - Permanent - Gloucester - Mid/S
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire,
Apply for this job now.