Skitter TV is seeking energetic, talented, college students working toward a degree in an engineering, computer science, math, or science. This is a part time, temporary position, that has the potential to grow into a full time position. The IPTV Systems Engineering Intern will assist the Network Engineering, Operations, Customer Support, and Software Engineering teams to build, deploy, and maintain Skitter TV’s innovative, industry leading IPTV products and services. This is your opportunity to join a team where you will be plugged in immediately to help design, build, and maintain large scale operational systems.
● Create and maintain software and systems documentation
● Assemble and test Skitter TV encoders, servers, encryptors
● Write and test code and scripts
● Participate in Systems Design sessions
● Create and execute software test plans
● Work with the VP of Engineering and other Skitter team members
● All other duties as assigned.
Desired Work Experience, and Qualifications
● Experience with Linux OS.
● Experience with TCP/IP networking, including IP, SNMP protocols, DHCP, internet routing and firewalls, LAN, WAN troubleshooting techniques, Layer2 and Layer3 technologies.
● VMWare, Openstack, KVM, Proxmox, CEPH, Open vSwitch, Docker
● Ability to perform night or weekend duties up to 25%.
● Proficient with commonly used software applications like, MS Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, small database applications, etc.
Skitter TV is an innovative and rapidly growing technology company providing next generation Internet Protocol Television ( IPTV ) to broadband service operators. We are seeking a self starting, collaborative, IPTV Implementation Engineer to help conceive, design, and develop mission critical products.
Role: IPTV Systems Engineering Intern
Apply for this job now.