Sunday 05 February 2023
We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK''s leading digital bank, with over 16 million online customers, we''re the UK''s largest mobile bank. Our corporate strategy of helping Britain proposer outlines bold plans to deepen our customer relationships across our businesses. This is driving the need to invest £Bs to innovate, modernise and simplify our technology further. We''re looking for architecture leaders to help drive this transformation.
Technology is at the heart of our business and architecture is at the heart of technology leadership - it is an integral part of our corporate strategy. As we go through this business and IT transformation, we need to be innovative, creative and forward thinking. Our goal is to ensure our services are based on modern, scalable and resilient technologies that deliver value to both our customers and our business.
About the role
Our culture brings together inquisitive and driven people from a diverse group of backgrounds where all can thrive.
You''ll be joining a small, dynamic team of strategy setting Enterprise Architects, focused on the technology enablers that support all our colleague and customer services. For example: Cloud, Infrastructure, Data and API services.
We collaborate closely with business and engineering leaders across the organisation to drive strategy, deliver strategic roadmaps, provide thought leadership and inspire innovative solutions. We must view problems from many different perspectives and our architectural decisions must balance strategy with pragmatism to deliver the best outcome.
In the role, you''ll be aligned to a technology enabler engaging with senior leaders, advising them on how to utilise technology to achieve outcomes and articulate options that balance the different drivers of change.
More About our Technology Enablers:
Our data architecture team supports workloads across a wide range of data repositories including relational and NoSQL databases, data warehouses and data lakes. We''re focused on modernising our data technology ecosystem through real-time streaming with Kafka and public cloud services like BigQuery. We develop strategic direction for our data models, optimise data for performance and reuse, embed data management controls, and drive exploitation of our data assets using analytical tools and AI/ML models.
Enterprise scale solutions on both private and public clouds platforms, including Azure, GCP and AWS at web-scale; Cloud Native principles and supporting technologies (e.g., Microservices, DevOps, Containers & CI/CD); Public Cloud security tools and technologies; large-scale workload migrations from traditional hosting technologies to Public or Private Cloud.
Our Infrastructure platforms cover a wide range of traditional hosting (X86 Wintel/Linux, Midrange Unix, Mainframe), networking, operational tooling, and datacentre services. These technologies support all our important business services and are crucial to the operation of the Group. Much of the focus in this area is modernising and simplifying our technology enabling agile, efficient change that can deliver secure, resilient, and cost-effective solutions at pace.
In response to customers choosing different ways of integrating with us, we are leading transformation of how we deliver digital capability to best meet customer needs. Standards including OpenID Connect profiles, API gateways, microservices including event driven architectures, and domain driven design methodology.
You''re a forward‐looking and enthusiastic enterprise architect who can combine thought leadership, a passion for change, an ability to logically decompose complex problems and influence all levels of the organisation.
You''ll typically have broad architecture experience spanning a variety of traditional, modern, and emerging technologies, ideally but not critically, in a financial or regulated industry.
You’ll have a background in strategy setting, enterprise architecture or technology consulting roles. Ideally you''ll have had experience in engineering and solution architecture during your career. You define architecture direction in the context of industry trends and understand how that can bring value to the organisation.
- All architecture decisions made for the area you support.
- Build compelling architecture strategies and roadmaps with comprehensive inputs from Business, Engineering, Operations, Industry and Vendors.
- Pro-actively drive forward the agenda to simplify and modernise our technology landscape.
- Keep pace with the latest industry direction and vendor offerings to ensure our strategies capitalise on new opportunities.
- Influence our investment portfolios and the direction of major change programmes to ensure strategic architecture outcomes.
- Build strong relationships and credibly communicate with key business and engineering collaborators across the organisation including CxOs.
- You''re an authority for an architecture domain with deep and broad knowledge of technology, methodology and assurance techniques.
Desirable technical experience: Broad experience covering many of the following, with a deep knowledge of at least one (‘T’ shaped):
- Cloud platform technologies covering IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS services on Azure, GCP and AWS.
- Hybrid hosting architecture of cloud and tradition platforms including Midrange Unix and Mainframe technologies.
- API architecture standards including OpenID Connect profiles, API gateways, microservices including event driven architectures.
- Data trends including relational, NoSQL databases, data warehouses and data lakes.
- Designing critically important systems which have challenging service parameters, for example RPO/RTO Zero.
- Broad appreciation of cyber security (e.g., zero trust) and the architectural implications it has on application design.
- Modern progressive technologies – e.g., machine learning, artificial intelligence, block chain etc.
About working for LBG
The environment we work in is fast paced, collaborative and dynamic: we also have fun along the way!
We''re hybrid working - so you''ll need to live within a commute of a hub location to get in one or two days a week and there may be elements of out of hours working which is well compensated.
But with a supportive and nurturing Leadership team we have the scale to provide you with ongoing opportunities to develop and achieve a rewarding and fulﬁlling career with us as well you receiving...
- A competitive salary
- A performance related annual bonus
- Generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- 30 days holiday plus the bank holidays on top
- A flexible cash pot (4% salary) you can spend on lifestyle benefits
- Private health cover
- Various share schemes, including free shares
We''re also passionate about diversity and equal opportunity with industry recognition across gender, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQ+ and families. And, being disability positive, reasonable adjustments can be accommodated in our Recruitment process.
We’re simply committed to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
So if you have the technical background we’re seeking and this opportunity appeals then get in touch, we’d love to hear from you...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we''re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you''ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you''ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We''re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.