JOB TITLE: SUPERINTENDENT (NON-LIVE IN)
DEPARTMENT: HOUSING PROGRAMS - FACILITIES
Responsible for general upkeep and overall maintenance of the property and building systems. Reports to General Supervisor.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Assess maintenance needs of property & communicates directly to supervisor of property condition.
- Supervises building systems.
- Respond in a timely manner to emergencies and to tenant concerns, including weekends.
- Document tenant damage and reports incident to supervisor.
- Perform light electrical work on items such as appliances, switches, outlets, pull chain switches, electrical splicing and repair appliances.
- Perform light plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages and replacing fittings.
- Replaces the following: vinyl floor tiles, replace loose broken ceramic tiles, install carpet, window screens, fixtures and locks.
- Perform carpentry work such as replacing doors, repair windows, door saddles and windowsills, light painting and masonry repair.
- Perform daily custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, and cleaning windows and glass in common areas.
- Assist in grounds work when necessary.
- Maintains yard and garbage areas.
- Common areas, hallways must be kept cleaned and disinfected. Stairwell's swept and mopped.
- Participates in standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend and holiday coverage.
- Responsible for stock and inventory control of property.
- Periodically inspect all units, building common areas and repairs as needed..
- Maintain adequate lighting throughout building, common areas, basement and yards.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
High School Diploma or GED with two years experience in related field. Should have some form of training on the following areas: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and other trade skills. A certificate in boiler maintenance is preferred.
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services for more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully committed to our mission - Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)
Powered by JazzHR