POSITION: Sales Representative, Foodservice
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
Foodservice representatives are responsible for developing Individual FoodService growing Foodservice segment. Working with IFS's CRM, sales representatives will follow up on leads, identify key markets, and use IFS's sales process to grow the division. Responsibilities include prospect and qualify new leads, develop key relationships, and identify and resolve customer concerns.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Present and sell foodservice supplies to current and new customers.
- Maintain working relationships with existing clients to ensure exceptional service and identification of potential new sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Identify appropriate prospects and qualify new leads.
- Create, plan and deliver presentations on products.
- Track all sales activities in company CRM system and keep current by updating account information regularly.
- Develop strong, ongoing relationships with prospects and customers.
- Meet and/or exceed quotas.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create well-rounded value proposition for customers.
- Identify and resolve customer concerns.
- Participate in company meetings to review sales performance, product development, sales goals and profitability.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Business Acumen
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Organizational Skills
- Presentation Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an office building with warehouse. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, and extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephone, headset and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with flexibility in hours. The employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
This position requires local travel, including surrounding areas, in frequent travel of business-related will be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required, college degree in sales/marketing or business preferred.
- 2-5 years of related sales or related experience, or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience. Background in foodservice or janitorial supplies a plus.
- Familiar with CRMs
- Proven prospecting and relationship building skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to self-motivate and challenge customers
- Ability to develop sales strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills both customer and management facing
- Proactive and detail/goal oriented
- Microsoft Office competence (Word, Excel, Teams)
- Self-starter with strong time-management skills
- Must possess strong sense of accomplishment, initiative, and tenacity
- Ability to conduct themselves in accordance with IFS's Core Values and has a strong personal work ethic
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Powered by JazzHR