Assistant Field Service Technician
Our client is an established manufacturing and service business satisfying the needs of UK Water Utility Companies. They specialise in real-time Wastewater Network Monitoring and they are a manufacturer of Level and Flow monitoring instrumentation. The company install, maintain and operate on our Clients' behalf, throughout the UK and overseas.
Due to new contracts being won, they are looking to expand its Field Service department, by possibly up to 8 more technicians!
You will work as part of a 2-man team carrying-out installation, calibration and maintenance of the company's Multi-Sensor Wastewater Flow and Level monitors predominately in the North West but also throughout the United Kingdom, Europe may even be an option.
Successful applicants will:
- Have proven field service experience, this is advantageous, but is not compulsory, as you will be subject to a full training package
- Have held a full, clean, UK driving licence for a minimum of 2 years (this is due to the size of vehicles you will be driving; experience is necessary)
- Minimum grade of C at GCSE level in English and Maths.
- Must be literate, numerate, naturally tidy, organised, have a good work-ethic and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Have strong IT skills and are familiar with Microsoft Office, particularly Word/Outlook/Excel
- Be physically fit - you may be required to provide a fit to work doctors note. (you will be required to enter confined spaces)
- Be practical, enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Be required to work away from home for up to 3 to 4 nights a week. (Work will be mainly based in the North West but working away from home for the duration noted may be required).
- Be able to work flexible shift times and days and to adapt to changing work schedules.
Regular Duties will include but not limited to:
- Providing operational support to the Field Service Delivery Manager and Team Leader/s.
- Installation and maintenance of flow / level monitors within confined spaces.
- Long distance shared driving, operate a company vehicle in a safe manner including weekly safety checks, re-stocking and cleaning.
- Cooperate with the businesses technical team and share information across the organisation via weekly and monthly office / team briefings to report activity
- Use of internal database functions and operating procedures for clear internal communication.
- Tie workflow to schedule and manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks via our Datacentre.
- Follow all company's filed procedures and protocols.
- Operation, maintenance and safe use of tools and equipment.
- Follow all business Health and Safety procedures
Product, Safety and Market Training
Specialised product and application training will be delivered in-house at the company's' Colne premises.
The following training certification from a candidate would be preferable, but not compulsory:
- Confined Space - Medium risk
- NRSWA - Unit 2 signing, lighting and guarding preferable to supervisor level
- CSCS with IOSH SHE (Safety Health & Environment) Certificate
- First Aid at Work
- Asbestos Awareness
Specialist 3rd party training will be provided for the right candidate, ensuring you are competent to complete all on-site tasks to a high and safe standard. These will be completed prior to you being able to attend any site work.
- Salary - from £18k depending on relevant experie