A Head Chef [or Sous Chef looking to step up into your first Head Chef position] is required for a new opening Vietnamese/fusion/street food restaurant located in Manchester city centre. The planned opening date will be sometime in July, so the Chef will heavily involved in developing menus, systems and Health & Safety protocol during pre-opening period.
The Highlights of this Head Chef / Sous Chef role in Manchester city centre for this unique Vietnamese/ Oriental / Asian fusion/street food restaurant are:
- Excellent salary, negotiable upon application, in the region of £30-£35k basic + Tips
- Room for development and progression and with this ambitious new business
- Potential for a Group Chef role, managing multiple sites and brigades
- Plans to expand in future with further restaurants
- Bonus/profit share negotiable upon application
- Open 7 days, Sundays closed at 6pm
- Extensive input into new Menu development
- Shut Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day
- 28 days holiday
This is an exciting and unique new venture offering modern Vietnamese/Oriental fusion street food cuisine, with nothing currently out there offering anything similar. The business have ambitious plans to expand further, with new sites, within Manchester initially, but throughout the UK ultimately.
Requirements for this Head Chef / Sous Chef role in Manchester city centre for a Vietnamese/ Oriental / Asian fusion/street food restaurant are:
- Manage your brigade efficiently and lead by example
- Provide effective and structured training and onboarding for new team members
- Manage costings, margins, wastage and stock control
- Create and develop new dishes and inspiring menus keeping up to date with trends and techniques within this unique area of Asian/Oriental/Vietnamese street food fusion cuisine.
- Ensuring plating, presentation are on point for every dish in the restaurants repertoire
- Ensure service runs efficiently in an organised and prepared fashion
- Organising daily responsibilities and ensuring everyone in the brigade knows their duties
Experience/Skills for this Head Chef / Sous Chef role in Manchester city centre for a Vietnamese/ Oriental / Asian fusion/street food restaurant are:
- Experience in Vietnamese, Oriental or Asian cuisine is preferred
- Leadership qualities, and proof of managing successful teams is essential
- Time and organisational management skills
- Qualifications are not essential, but experience in this type of cuisine is absolutely essential
- Energy, passion, excellent communication and motivational skills in order to develop your team and produce new leaders
Someone who possesses this type of energy and skill will be in a strong position to take on the Group Chef role when the business expands in the very near future.
If you are interested in this Head Chef /Sous Chef role in Manchester city centre, then for Vietnamese/ Oriental / Asian fusion/street food restaurant, PLEASE APPLY TODAY and talk to us about our plans to dominate this area of the dining market!