IT Portfolio / Programme Manager
***Must have retail industry experience***
3-6 Months +
West Midlands - Flexible/Remote
Responsible for the management and delivery of both common and unique IT products and services into a group portfolio. (A portfolio is product and feature based, not specific to technology or solution).
The provision of IT systems is critical to the smooth running of our business and it starts with a deep understanding of appropriate business strategies, as well as with the overall IT strategy.
The jobholder will orchestrate business strategy being fed into IT features for the portfolio, prioritised for technology development, and ensure these technology solutions are delivered successfully, and services supplied effectively.
- Working with the Enterprise Architecture team, create and maintain a prioritised and funded roadmap for the portfolio, which supports the business strategy and delivery of IT services.
- Provide a single point of escalation for any technology and information systems related matters - leading by example in taking end-to-end ownership of any issue or query
- Work with the architects and business analysts to translate roadmaps for any given product into deliverable user stories
- Lead the estimation and collaborative planning process, prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Lead and directly line manage a team of project managers who will deliver the agreed portfolio of work, utilising appropriate project management methodologies
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders of every level across the business units
- Assist the business in evaluating business cases and creating briefs
- Work with other delivery managers to build cross portfolio collaboration, innovation and thinking, driving synergies and value. Actively participate in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice
- Oversee the delivery lifecycle processes, from inception to realisation, ensuring all deliveries are executed in line with this, resulting in the appropriate services provided to support the benefits realisation
- Work with IT PMO to manage the governance and stage gate process for all deliverables
- Build business unit communities of interest, obtaining feedback on how IT are doing, creating appropriate engagement and action plans
- Identify “shadow IT” developments, understand why they are required and work with appropriate stakeholders to build common interest and develop against strategic intent
- Networking in the industry to identify innovation and best practice that could add value to the business
- Support the driving through of innovation to meet the relevant divisional needs
- Working alongside the Business Transformation team, assist the business units in evaluating projects and high-level costs as part of annual planning processes
- Working with the vendor and contract team to ensure we have the right supplier base to deliver our strategic portfolios
- Working with the 'Run' team to ensure all aspects of our delivery function are meeting operational requirements
- Work with internal finance teams to ensure appropriate funding is available, and released through PMO governance processes
A proven track record in a business aware Senior IT leadership role, with experience of working in a FTSE business.
Experience of develop