Are you an engineer with a passion for HGVs? Do you have a good grasp of the work that goes into the design and specification of HGV vehicles? Would you like to help some of the best-known companies in the UK bring their HGV ideas to life?
If your answer is yes to all of these, then wed love to hear from you.
Want to know a little about us?
Our mission at Hitachi Capital UK is to be exceptional people, providing outstanding customer experiences. Our Vehicle Solutions business is one of the UKs best providers of funding and fleet solutions for small and large cars and commercial vehicle fleets. We have been funding cars, vans, HGVs and specialist vehicles in the UK for over 30 years and have seen consistent growth across our business. One of the reasons for this is our drive to innovate.
What does the role involve?
Your role as an HGV Specification Engineer will be to work in close partnership with one of our Business Development Managers, providing support throughout the sales process. Acting as a trusted advisor youll be using your knowledge and experience to advise and help guide the customer to the best solution. Youll also be responsible for signing off specifications, and visiting manufacturers and coachbuilders to check the quality of work being completed. This is a primarily home-based role, with travel to customers and suppliers as required as well as regular visits to our office in Trowbridge.
Some of your key duties will include:
- Working with Customer End Users to build a network of information on use of vehicles, utilisation, specialist need and upcoming changes of use
- Collating, reviewing and keeping records of HGV Chassis data for asset specifications now and future development
- Investigating required Specifications for HGV chassis, conversion and ancillary equipment
- Supporting the development of a Preferred Supplier network through a competitive process that can support continual improvement for HCVS and the customer
What are we looking for?
Youre interested in HGVs, and experience of engineering design. You are confident meeting customers and suppliers, and work well when collaborating with others. You have great communication skills and the ability to get others to look at things in a different way. You dont mind travelling to customer and supplier sites, and enjoy the autonomy of working from home. In addition, were looking for the following skills and experience:
- Time served experience within Asset Design, preferably Heavy Good Vehicle Conversion and/or Ancillary Equipment
- Experience of compiling manufacturing designs/vehicle project management
- Working knowledge of Construction and Use regulations
- Proven experience in reducing cost and adding value in the supply chain.
- Desirable CPC Qualified (or happy to work towards)
- Computer literate
What can we offer you?
Were passionate about looking after our people at Hitachi Capital UK, as we know that looking after you means that you will look after our customers. In addition to a great salary and bonus package, were able to offer you:
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private healthcare, life assurance, and critical illness cover
- Employee assistance programme
In addition to our core package, we offer a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work, give as you earn, and discounts on mobile contracts, TV & broadband packages, high street vouchers, hotel bookings and much more.
Whats the next step?
Like the sound of what we have to offer? Feel youve got something to bring to the role? What are you waiting for? Apply today - we look forward to setting you on the road to success.
Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC is an inclusive employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.