Structured Credit Manager
United Kingdom Job Description
If you're a Credit Risk Professional with proven experience, we can offer you the opportunity to work at the heart of the Trading & Supply (T&S) Credit Risk organisation in one of the world’s largest corporations. Where you fit in?
Based in London, you will be part of Shell’s Global T&S Credit Risk organisation, providing credit risk advisory for complex structured transactions and supporting Shell’s ongoing New Energy transition initiatives through Shell Energy Europe (SEE) Gas & Power and its Environmental Portfolio.
Our team tackles complex problems in original ways. We are a proactive group who are willing to do more than just respond to issues. We thrive on working smart and embrace new opportunities to drive the business agenda. What’s the role?
Bring us a combination of expertise in credit risk, deal structuring, and evaluation and you’ll help us shape our business direction. You will act as a co-lead for all credit matters with regards to high-profile retail structured transactions in Europe and managing the day to day credit administration duties. You will be accountable in specific activities such as:
- Conducting due diligence for new customers
- Contracting credit and reporting parameters and agreements
- Monitoring compliance
- Producing MI reports
- Communicating to deal teams and management for any defaults or changes in credit profile
- Investigate, understand and manage the complex T&S control framework that governs financial trading in respect to credit accountabilities
In this role, you will also be responsible for the initial build-out of credit results and will be accountable for the European Structured Retailer credit granting process. This includes consistent application of a T&S Credit Manual, periodic credit assessments of existing customers, review of creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses. Furthermore, you will be responsible for external customer visits when required, primarily for due diligence reviews and audits of policies, procedures and reporting.
Your experience along with your stakeholder management skills will be critical in the development of appropriate credit strategies in cooperation with Business partner and customer portfolio management and analysis.
When it comes to building and maintaining strong and effective relationships across Finance and the wider business, it's your inter-personal skills that will make all the difference. You’re a thought leader and team player - someone who can bring out the best in others, build communities and encourage sharing of knowledge and best practice. Requirements
What we need from you?
We’re keen to hear from individuals who have a bachelor’s or master’s degree preferably in Finance or any related degree. Beyond that, we’d want to hear from individuals who has the following:
- Proven technical and commercial knowledge in Gas & Power in Europe
- In depth knowledge of Applications with the ability to trouble shoot and solve customer problems.
- Strong knowledge in Gas & Power deal evaluation
- Technical expertise and awareness in financial modelling to provide troubleshooting and problem-solving solutions
While being able to converse in French is not required, it will certainly be beneficial in your application. Company Description
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible. Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment Type
Full Time Skillpool
Commercial & Structured Finance Work Location
London - Shell Centre No. of Positions
1 Job Expires