We are looking for a Sales & Design Engineer to join our team!
What We Offer:
- Compensation is based on experience and open to negotiation
- Generous Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and Life Insurance
- Challenging environment; and a highly supportive management team all in a professional atmosphere.
- Positive Company Culture
- · BS Degree in Engineering with emphasis in mechanical or plastics engineering.
- · Experience in plastics processing, HC products and tooling required (injection molding and thermoforming).
- · 3-D design experience in Solidworks or equivalent.
- · Basic understanding of Injection Mold tooling requirements.
- · Working knowledge and understanding of GD&T.
- · Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- · 2-5 years of demonstrated project management abilities required.
- · Demonstrated ability to resolve technical issues with customers.
- · The ability to communicate ideas, objectives, and requirements at all levels in the development process.
- · Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Project) required to perform regular analysis of data captured on concepts, designs and functional testing. Demonstrated ability to utilize office tools for regular communication of data, project status and project justification.
- · Experience in TS16949.
- · Must be able to interact with coworkers and customers in a cooperative, respectful and professional manner.
- · Must be able to possess safe work habits, a mature attitude, good attendance and the ability to follow instructions in a timely manner.
- · Possess valid drivers license, while operating company vehicles or personal vehicle for business purposes.
- Engineering: 5 years
- Management: 5 years
- · Knowledge in statistical methods (SPC/DOE/MiniTab) and Lean/Six Sigma experience desirable. SAP knowledge also desirable.
- · Prior management experience preferred.
- · Experience in design and development in medical devices, automotive, furniture, lawn and garden, recreational, ect.
- · Ability to perform DOE and optimize injection molding processes. and steps to complete product.
- . Strong understanding of CAD, FEA, Mold Flow with the ability to utilize these features on part development.
- · Manage the Design/Development processes to provide internal and external customers with category-leading technology services.
- · Coordination with all technical functions within engineering group, commercial, plant technology, manufacturing and the customer.
- · Provides Sales with technical support to aid in new business development.
- · 3-D design and detailing of plastic components from concept to the final drawings, which include 3-D modeling of all components.
- · Assists and supports the Sales Team.
- · Manage incoming and outgoing math data for the Design, Tooling and Manufacturing Engineering Departments.
- · Works with the Cost Estimator and Tooling Engineer to obtain quotations on prototype parts and track as required.
- · Provide design support to other departments, as required.
- · Maintain software upgrades as required.
- · Champion the effective use of the New Product Innovation process to design, develop, and deploy products, processes, materials and tools.
- · Support Process Development directly on production floor with optimization of process parameters of injection molding presses.
- · Assist Processing Technicians with optimization.
- · Coordinate & prioritize assigned projects from conception to completion including tasking, tracking, and loading of resources along with metrics setting & tracking and design & development oversight.
- · Creation, implementation, and oversight of CAD systems and design protocols.
- · Collaboration with marketing, technology and finance for strategic planning of product development, budget development, and resource allocations.
- · Presentation of core platforms and overall technical capability to customers and internal functions.
- · Collaborate with other Management functions in the team to meet all established metrics.
- · Develop and manage training program of group including yearly performance and development aspects.
- · Must adhere to all Safety, Health and Environmental policies
- · Seeks continuous improvement methods to improve efficiency, quality and reduction of waste.
- · All other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales & Engineering or member of management.
We are looking for a Sales & Design Engineer that can develop concepts including, but not limited to internal new product development, customer-driven product development and/or customer requested engineering changes. Supports Process Technicians to optimize processes for productivity improvements. Plans, organizes and directs engineering projects to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines.
This is a senior management level position that will report directly to the President.
If your background is in automotive plastic injection molding with a high degree of knowledge in manufacturing, we want to talk to you!
When submitting your resume, please be sure to include a cover letter along with your salary requirements.
We are a full-service design and thermoplastics molding company producing products for the Automotive, Aerospace, Electronics and Consumer markets. We have developed many innovative solutions to meet our customers needs.
Diversified Engineering & Plastics has grown into a leading manufacturer in the field of thermoplastics molding. The company has earned a reputation as a problem solver. It has an excellent record in innovative design, the development of parts, components, and assemblies for a wide range of applications in a wide variety of industries.
Today, our 160,000 square feet of air conditioned manufacturing facilities house the latest in thermoplastic molding technology. We consistently perform to the most exacting standards, using statistical process control (SPC) methods which enable us to provide the most reliable service at competitive prices.
Role: Sales & Design Engineer
Apply for this job now.