IQVIA is looking for a Director/Associate Director, Medical Writing to join our growing Medical and Patient Communications department. This is a key role combining management of a team of medical writers and other subject matter experts and providing medical communications leadership in business and integrated solution development.
Our activities include medical affairs (scientific platforms, publications, advisory boards, educational symposia, medical science liaison support, medical information), market access communications (global and country-level value dossiers, value communications, and business cases), real world evidence and clinical pathways communications, promotional activities (concepts, campaigns, training, and creative materials across multiple channels), behavioral-based patient support programs, and technology solutions.
Thanks to our unique position within IQVIA™, The Human Data Science Company™, our collaborative offerings extend well beyond those of a traditional medical communications agency, and you will have the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams to develop new communications solutions to help move healthcare forward.
- Provide leadership to a team of medical writers and other subject matter experts, fostering professional development, coaching, and enabling success on their new business and client activities
- Ensure that content produced by the medical writing team is of high quality and meets the needs and objectives of the client and target audience
- Lead development of best practices and processes to enable the medical writing team and the larger organization to grow and succeed in a compliant and efficient fashion
- Provide daily line management activities, including resourcing of projects, budget and timeline input/approval, and addressing of challenges
- Conduct regular individual and team meetings, set development plans, conduct performance review reviews, and support career progression
- Participate in solution development for new offerings in conjunction with colleagues across IQVIA.
- Represent the broader medical team and serve as subject matter expert in areas of your experience, including development and delivery of proposals/pitches and strategy into programme execution
- Remain abreast of new industry/healthcare directions and trends to identify opportunities and challenges for clients and IQVIA.
- Work closely with account teams to lead on project specifications, cost estimates, compliance with industry standards and practices, proactive planning, and problem solving
- Act as an ambassador for IQVIA by participating in relevant industry forums, contributing to thought leadership activities, and establishing a reputation and network within the wider medical communications industry.
Required Experience - the ideal candidate will bring;
- Graduate level degree in a scientific or health-related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of progression through medical writing roles
- Client-facing experience
- Have provided medical direction and review for a variety of activities and deliverables within the medical communications and medical affairs space.
- Must have documented experience managing, resourcing and developing global medical writing teams.
- CMPP, BCMAS, or equivalent credentials preferred
- Proactive thinker with the ability and desire to work in multifunctional teams to create innovative communications solutions.
- This position can be remote. Candidates must be based in the UK. The successful candidate would be required to come to our Reading office for meetings as and when required and work remotely otherwise.
- Excellent Salary and Bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Life Assurance, Pension & Private Health Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Benefits available including:
- Health Insurance (Dental, Health Screen and Optical)
- Health Clubs and Gym Discounts
- Give As You Earn
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.