Hancocks are one of the UK’s leading confectionery suppliers. Our range includes branded chocolates, American novelty sweets and wholesale pick and mix. We have gone through a period of rapid growth over the past 12 months and have relocated our main distribution Centre to a new larger site in Worksop, Nottinghamshire and are looking for a team of people to join us for the next part of our journey.
We are currently recruiting for a H&S Coordinator to join our team predominantly based from our site in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, with the expectation that there maybe some limited travel to our site in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire.
We are looking for someone who’s willing to roll their sleeves up and join our distribution teams to support, guide and coach them on all things Health&Safety in conjunction with our Group H&S Manager, we want someone who is going to understand our operations and partner the teams, supporting in ensuring we are compliant and our teams are kept safe by also helping to ensure our processes are put in place and training the teams on good practices. We don’t want someone with a 'tell’ mentality but someone who is going to want to be part of a team and build relationships so they are respected and included on decisions that affect the safety of our people.
- Cleanse and ensure teams are keeping SSOW and training matrix data up to date for items relating to H&S or operator training.
- Carry out weekly and monthly audits across our distribution sites to ensure sites are in line with requirements.
- Support the H&S manager with the creation and monitoring of Risk Assessments as well as supporting / coaching site management to review and write RA’s.
- Identify hazards and work with site management to improve, change or find safe ways of mitigating risks.
- Educate management and teams on near miss reporting and awareness.
- Support in the improvement of quality in accident and incident investigations, being first line of support in ensuring these are carried out in the right way and actions are created and followed.
- Keeping our H&S system up to date, ensuring sites are monitoring daily and weekly checks along with monitors issues and working with relevant teams to chase actions.
- Be the site advocate for safety, attending daily operations meetings regularly to understand the sites operational issues and working with management to ensure these are managed safely.
- Be a partner for team leaders and shift managers on all things H&S
- Deliver low level training to managers on basic safety practices.
- Build on our already established reporting procedures and ensure documentation is kept up to date and in line with legislation.
- Take ownership for monthly KPI reporting in conjunction with H&S manager, ensuring we capture data and present this to the group and to site.
- Work with site management to review actions identified by Group level audits to ensure actions are managed or actioned.
You should have a background in H&S at administration, coordinator or advisor level previously, most importantly have a passion to keep people safe by working with the team and not in a pure audit capacity.
We want someone who is comfortable being in a warehouse and/or production environment understanding our operation, getting to grips with what we do and educating/coaching people, and comfortable supporting on the compliance and clerical side of H&S to implement processes to help us improve. This role would suit someone who is looking to progress in their careers and learn from an experienced Group H&S Manager, training and qualifications will be provided and supported to the right candidate.
Finally, you should ideally already have IOSH Managing safely or similar and it would be advantageous if you have NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent), but training will be provided to the right candidate.