Seeking Paralegals in Baltimore County! Competitve Pay!
Paralegal to assist General Counsel. Paralegal is responsible for supporting the delivery of quality legal services to clients by performing specialized legal assistant, administrative, and secretarial duties pertaining to all aspects of real estate transactions. Assignment typically involves multi-tasking complex document production with heavy administrative functions and client contact, requiring a high degree of executive secretarial and technical skills.
In this position, you are responsible for reviewing title commitments, power of attorney documents and irrevocable trust documents in connection with residential mortgage closings for multiple states. You will be expected to interact with title companies externally on corrections to title policies and post-closing items.Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate degree in legal studies and/or paralegal certificated preferred
- The work required in this position is mostly in WORD, Quickbooks and Excel. Knowledge of Title Express would be helpful but is not required.
- Accuracy, initiative and good writing skills are needed.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish information in report format, written correspondence, e‑mail, or verbally.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff, and outside contacts.
- Analytical skills requiring an aptitude for detail and accuracy in order to analyze and research corporate transactional data, process information, and perform essential duties.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detailed-oriented work environment utilizing excellent administrative, judgmental, and decision-making skills. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.