Interim Head of Finance
We are currently working with a local authority that is in need of an Head of Finance to join them on an interim basis for three months initially with further extensions to start week commencing 25th May.
The client has advised that some homeworking will be available following appointment. Please see below for further details:
(Full Job Description available upon request)
To deputise for the Deputy Chief Executive as the Council's section 151 officer, plan and manage the performance of the finance function to ensure the provision of a high quality service, promote the identification and reporting of efficiencies across the organisation and develop positive relationships with members and other partners with regard to finance matters.
- To Lead and participate in corporate projects and working groups as and when required
- Provide advice on budgetary and other finance related matters to colleagues across the Council
- Ensure that the Finance Services Division's preparation of the Council's annual revenue and capital budgets and the setting of council tax levels are conducted within legislative and professional guidelines
- Plan, organise, direct, control and co-ordinate the activities within the Finance Services Division
- Represent the Council on financial and associated work in discussion with other local authorities, central government departments, the external auditors and other bodies including town and parish councils
- To hold relevant Accountancy qualifications e.g. CCAB or ideally CIPFA
- Have several years' experience within a senior financial role
- Extensive knowledge of local government procedures and financial issues
- Management of other employees experience
Duration: 3 months initially
Rate: daily rates starting at £560.70 per day (based on umbrella Inside IR35)
Start: W/C 24th May
Remote Working Available
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Gov Team at #removed# .
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren't currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team