Required at our client secondary in experienced and qualified youth worker to support students from varying backgrounds including those from LAC, 'At Risk' and vulnerable groups, ensuring they are able to fully access education during this time.
- Full time position working as Youth Work Mentor at North Manchester secondary school
- Provide additional support to students who need strong role models
- Earn £60 - £75 per day
Our client school is a large modern secondary on the outskirts of the City centre in North Manchester, a short drive from the city with solid public transport links. The school was recently formed when two single sex schools merged to pool resources and share best practice. Staff and students can benefit from state of the art facilities including a specialised learning support unit for students to work away from mainstreams lessons.
As a Youth Work Mentor, you will work in classrooms supporting teaching staff along with delivering targeted intervention sessions to small groups or individuals to key students. You will be working closely with teachers and other associate staff to ensure that students maintain full access to the curriculum.
Requirements for Youth Work Mentor;
- Degree specialising in Youth Work, Childhood Studies or Community Service or similar subject
- Previous experience supporting young people aged 11- 16 in educational setting
- The ability to build rapport with students who may have barriers to learning
To apply, please send a CV in response to this advert via the link.