The Principal MEMS Development Engineer will define and lead key technology development activities as they relate to tunable RF MEMS, including capacitors and switches. The technology development will include the wafer fabrication, and the packaging and assembly, which are intended to produce integrated tunable systems (filters, radio front ends, PAs) when integrated with WiSpry’s RF MEMS. The Principal MEMS Development Engineer will need to have a fundamental understanding of MEMS and CMOS design, and the Materials Science required to produce durable, high performance RF MEMS capacitors and switches. Process technology, performance and endurance testing methods, and advanced packaging experience are also a requirement. In addition, the candidate should have an excellent understanding of material systems including dielectrics and metals.
The Principle MEMS Development Engineer will fill a cross-functional role by contributing to product qualification and release to production for new technology. This position will work with Wispry’s foundry partners and suppliers to achieve key technical milestones. As part of the cross-functional development, the Principal MEMS Development Engineer will be part of a collaborative engineering team working with MEMS engineers, RF/CMOS Engineering and Operations (Fabrication, Assembly, and Test).
• Define requirements, and develop integration proposal and plan for RF MEMS switch and capacitor technology
• Work with Foundry, MEMS engineers, RF engineers to develop and release to production WiSpry’ S RF MEMS Products.
• Work with MEMS Engineering and Operations teams on Continuous Improvement efforts related to Yield and MEMS Reliability.
• Definition and execution of RF MEMS new product Technology Development proposals and plans.
• Work with Foundries (FEOL and BEOL) to execute MEMS Technology Development.
• Work with MEMS Engineering and Operations teams to define test and characterization plans and summarize characterization results.
• Lead Technology Development Reviews to outcome of development efforts.
• Work with Operations, Quality, and Reliability on the effective and timely qualification and release to production of new technology.
• Experience with MEMS design and layout tools such as Coventor, SEMulator, Ansys, Matlab, Cadence, and Mentor Graphics.
• Proficiency with statistical analysis and design of experiments using tools such as SAS, SAS JMP, Excel.
• Proficiency with FMEA and 8D Problem solving methodologies.
• Expertise with RF MEMS materials selection for performance and process integration of capacitors and switches, ideally in a CMOS foundry environment.
• Knowledge of RF design and design tools such as HFSS, ADS, MWO preferred.
• Knowledge of MEMS and RF MEMS test and characterization techniques using tools such as Lab View, white light interferometry, laser Doppler vibrometry, nanoindentation, AFM, oscilloscopes, power supplies, network analyzers, LCR meters.
• Knowledge of wafer probe and package level characterization.
• Experience applying failure analysis techniques such as Imaging Techniques (SEM, FIB, AFM, Thermal, CSAM) or surface/volume analytical techniques (Raman, FTIR, TOF-SIMS, Auger, EDS, ESCA, XPS).
• Strong written and oral communication skills
M.S. in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Materials Science, Ph. D. is preferred
15+ years MEMS Development experience, especially RF MEMS
Experience with integrated MEMS+CMOS development; monolithic or disintegrated solution
Experienced with the transfer of advanced process and design technology to product manufacturing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Role: PRINCIPAL MEMS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Apply for this job now.