Company: FOUNDATION COMMUNITIES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Foundation Communities (FC) is a local, homegrown nonprofit. Founded in 1990, we provide affordable, attractive homes and free on-site support services for thousands of families, veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities. We offer an innovative, proven model that empowers our residents and neighbors to achieve educational success, financial stability, and healthier lifestyles. We own and operate 24 communities all over Austin and in North Texas.
The Learning Center Teachers will support and enhance daily activities and engage youth in education-centered summer youth programs, including but not limited to, homework/academic assistance, fitness, reading and enrichment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Individualized educational support for students who are behind in reading.
- Plan and lead meaningful activities that include but are not limited to arts and crafts, STEM/STEAM, reading, character development, physical fitness, and/or nutrition.
- Prepare the learning environment, lessons and necessary supplies for program activities.
- Assist children with academic enrichment activities.
- Maintain a clean and organized classroom as well as common areas.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Maintain accurate program documentation
- Ensure safety and supervision of students
- Comply with all required policies, procedures, and regulations
- Assist with distribution of snack.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be eligible to work in the United States and be able to pass a criminal background check (Fingerprint check required at some sites)
- Must enjoy working with children K-5th grade
- Flexibility to meet the changing work needs and demands
- Ability to organize activities and make sound judgements
- Available during summer program hours (10am-3pm)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have a teaching certificate.
- Preferably teach at one of our feeder schools (S. Davis Elementary, Dunn Elementary, Little Elementary, Newman Intl. Academy)
- Bi-lingual preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Occasional lifting, twisting, bending standing and sitting
- Often exposed to various temperatures and conditions including but not limited to sun, wind and rain.
- An occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials may occur.
- May be asked to clean up bodily fluids with appropriate training and personal protective equipment provided.
Compensation: Hourly rate $30/hour
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.
Powered by JazzHR