Job title: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £30-39k (DOE)
Our client is an internationally recognised brand in the Broadcast Industry, supplying FM broadcasting equipment worldwide, from large New York-based radio stations to community radio stations in Sudan. Their company ethos is to be creative, innovative and produce groundbreaking products that influence the industry. They have also secure a variety of industry awards - with many of their products being recognised for both design & innovation.
We are looking for a talented Embedded software engineer to join Their Research & Development Team. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, comfortable dealing with other R&D engineers as well as Production.
You will be a highly motivated individual, capable of taking the lead in developing innovative solutions and inspiring colleagues. You can easily switch between proactive and reactive and can work in an environment with various dynamics that often lead to the change in direction.
You're results driven and can focus your time and efforts on your own workload but can also provide guidance and support to the rest of the team when required. For the best possible fit, we are looking for someone who communicates well and who can learn existing code quickly.
Their must haves are someone who has:
- 3+ years' experience in software engineering
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on Embedded targets.
- Solid programming experience in C/C++ (preferred)
- Proven experience in Embedded systems design with pre-emptive, multitasking Real Time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Knowledge of OS coding techniques, network protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills
You will also be able to get going on your own accord. Along with the rest of the team, you will be a leader and someone who can be relied heavily upon for ensuring the team, collectively, reaches targets and deadlines. You have the ability to focus on your work without losing sight of what's going on around you and the wider company objectives. If you have experience with agile project management, that would also be advantageous.
Working with their software team, you will be involved with:
- Designing, developing, coding, testing and debugging Embedded software
- Reviewing code & design
- Analysing and enhancing efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrating and validating new product designs
- Providing post-production support
- Interfacing with hardware design & development
- Assessing third party and open source software
- Software repository management
They also offer a great benefits package rewarding those who work hard with the following: -
All employees get:
- A competitive salary, with regular reviews
- A company pension scheme with up to 4% contributions from BW
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance, which includes a subsidised gym membership
- Perkbox Subscription which includes, free monthly coffee, discounts on the high street, and much more!
- 20 days holidays + Christmas shut down + your birthday off (equal to 26 days per year + bank holidays).
- Early finishes on Fridays (our office closes at 3 pm).
- Staff events throughout the year - some near, some far (in 2016 they went to Amsterdam for the weekend).
Role: Embedded Software Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Croydon, Surrey,
Apply for this job now.